This chutney idea came when I made some Idli's and later realized that I do not have the ingredients for the usual Coconut chutney and the usual tomato chutney since I had no tomatoes left for it, I had to make sambhar. I had some Sun Dried Tomatoes and had seen few people making chutney out of it so decided to go for it. It tasted really nice and we loved it. This chutney can be used in sandwiches, paranthas and I even put some in the dal whose recipe I shall post soon. This is how I made it.

Ingredients
1 cup Sun dried tomatoes (I used the dried once)
1 small onion
5-6 green chilies
1 clove garlic
1/4 cup fresh coriander leaves
1/2 tsp sugar
salt to taste

Method

  1. Hydrate the Sun dried tomatoes as per packet instructions.
  2. Grind all the ingredients to a smooth paste, using little water if needed.
  3. Adjust seasoning.
  4. Store in refrigerator till serving time.

21 comments:

Uma said...

wow, chutney looks great Medhaa! sounds easy too.

Unknown said...

Nice entry... looks really YUM & awesome... thxs for sharing... will try it soon..

Shri said...

Nice try and ofcourse it is a great idea.Will try sometime.First time to your blog and yours is really so good.

Anonymous said...

This is sumthng new to me,but i think its a gr8 idea,since manytimes i too face this unavailability of fresh ingredients to make chutneys/spreads/subzis.So making use of sundried ingredients is surely gonna help me out.Thnks for sharing...chutney looks delicious!

Unknown said...

I like these kind of chutneys, goes well with almost everything. Nice recipe.

Bhawana said...

This kind og chutney is new to me. but a must try one. and easy to make.

Sujatha said...

Chutney with sun-dried tomatoes is definitely a creative one, Medhaa! Helpful when we run out of ingredients.. good one and looks absolutely delicious! :)

Shreya said...

love the chutney recipe. have to try it.

Deepthi Shankar said...

never made chutney out of sun-dried tomatoes .. looks very nice

Dori said...

Sun-dried tomatoes are so good, that this must be a delicious chutney!

Andhra Flavors said...

love this kind of chutney. It looks spicy

Hetal said...

nice recipe...looks spicy and tasty

DK said...

hey..Medha..glad to hav u on board for RM#2edition.

Have linked ur name in the sidebar...happy blogging :)

ST said...

Chutney looks very delicious and easy too...

Anonymous said...

Hi Medha,
Wishing U and family A very Happy and prosperous Diwali

ST said...

Wishing you and your family a happy diwali Medha!

Anonymous said...

that does sound interesting, and definitely flavorful Medhaa!

btw, wish you a very Happy Diwali!

Anonymous said...

Ooh, I love paneer - the sight of your pizza is practically making me drool!

Anonymous said...

Fabulous toppings. Great job!!!!

Roochi said...

i like this... very nice - roochi

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now. Keep it up!
And according to this article, I totally agree with your opinion, but only this time! :)

Template by - Abdul Munir - 2008 : Modified by Medhaa Chabria