- ► 2009 (31)
1 cup broken wheat
1 onion chopped
1/2 cup mixed vegetables cut into small cubes, I use frozen ones
1 tsp ginger paste
Few curry leaves chopped
1 tsp mustard seeds
1/4 tsp tumeric powder
1 tsp corriander powder
1/4 tsp red Chilli powder
2 green chillies slit
2 tbsp lime juice
2 tbsp chopped fresh corriander leaves
3 cups water
Salt to taste
- Heat oil in a non stick pan.
- Add the mustard seeds, once the seeds splutter add the curry leaves.
- Add the onions and saute for few minutes.
- Add the green chilies and ginger and saute for a minute.
- Add the turmeric powder, corriander powder and red chili powder. Saute for 1 minute.
- Add the vegetables. Cook for 5 minutes covered on medium low.
- Meanwhile bring 3 cups of water to a boil.
- Add the broken wheat and saute for 2 minutes.
- Add the boiling water, salt and lime.
- Mix and cook covered till all the water evaporates and the broken wheat is cooked.
- Garnish with corriender leaves and Serve.
Its been so long that I have blogged, feels like I never stopped though have been waiting to get back to blogging and feels so good to be back. I hope to blog atleast once in a while now.
Though having a baby changes everything am glad that it did not change my desire to cook and try new dishes, its even more fun now cooking for my daughter and how I can plan a meal in which I can please hers and my husbands taste buds. Luckily my daughter who is 2.5 years now loves her spices and she even enjoys cooking with me.
Today is one such dish which was easy and loved by all. I have been trying out Master Chef Tarla Dalal's recipe with great success. This is one of her recipe with just the addition of garlic, for me where there is methi there has to be garlic. Fry them ahead of time and then when time to serve I put them in the oven at 350 F for about 10 to 15 minutes.
Tarla Dalal's recipe: http://www.tarladalal.com/Aloo-Methi-Tikki-(kebabs-and-Tikkis-Recipes)-32728r
You Make my Day, thank you Meera Yummy Blog Award, thank you easycraft Rocking Girl Blogger, thank you Sashree, Skribles, easycraft and Neha Inspiration Award, thank you Sashree Wylde Woman Award, thank you SriLekha Brilliant Weblog, thank you vani, easycraft and Alka Blogging Friends Forever, thank you Pallavi Just Nice Photos - Beautiful Site, thank you Bhawana 2008 Best Blog Darts Thinker, thank you Bhawana Big Bear Hug, thank you Bhawana