Oats Dosa



I tried easycrafts Oats Dosa and it was delicious. So simple to make and very healthy. My husband who is not a big fan of Oats to loved it. Thank you easycraft for such a great recipe. I have made some changes to the recipe, for the original click here.

Ingredients

1 cup quick oats
1/4 cup rava/sooji
1/4 cup rice flour
1 cup buttermilk (Original recipe 2 cups water was used and no buttermilk)
1 cup water
1 tsp red chili flakes (Original recipe green chili was used)
3 tsp dried coriander leaves (Original recipe fresh coriander was used)
Salt to taste

Method

  1. Mix all the ingredients in a bowl. Cover and keep aside for 15 minutes.
  2. Heat a tawa to medium high. Add a ladle full of batter in a circular pattern. I made it a bit thick like pancakes/uttapam.
  3. Once it is brown flip and cook the other side completely.
  4. Serve hot. We had it with some Achari Mango chutney.


Note: You can add some oil while cooking too, but I used a non stick pan and they came out easily so no oil was required.

18 comments:

Uma said...

mmm. oats dosa looks so delicious and healthy too! Good one Medhaa!

Anonymous said...

Arey !!Never heard of oats Dosa,sumthng very new to me!
Must try it out,coz i actually don't like oats in milk,so this one can be a good way to spice up the bland oats

notyet100 said...

this looks nice,..

EC said...

Glad to know that you tried and loved the taste..even I cannt have oats as it is..this is the only form as of now I have oats

Illatharasi said...

Surprise for you in my blog;)

Anonymous said...

This dosa looks delicious! Very innovative to use oats.

Bhawana said...

di this dosa look is very tempting. It came out really well.
keep it up :).

Pallavi said...

Wow.. ! This looks very good Medhaa.. I hate plain oats...and just last night was thinking about experimenting making dosa or paratha with it to make it likeable for me.. :) I am surely trying this :)

BTW, I have something waiting for you on my blog.. Check it out.

Vaishali said...

A creative and nutritious recipe, Medhaa. Looks just delicious.

Vanamala Hebbar said...

Sounds good.....

Anonymous said...

Healthy recipe. Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

So nice to see your comments in my blog. Thanks

Nidhi said...

wow! Personally I hav never tried Oats but always wanted to coz of the nutritious reason..but I dont like the idea of porridge.

Now with your Oats Dosa..I can definitely try

EC said...

I have a small treat for you here...http://simpleindianfood.blogspot.com/2008/08/masala-puri-with-moong.html

Cham said...

The oat dosa looks great Medhaa :) Got to try this healthier version!

Anonymous said...

Great idea to use oats in dosa.

Krithika said...

Thanks for this easy and brilliant recepie. The dosas came out really well.

Food Processor said...

Feel aroma on seeing this dosa.It looking delicious and sound is very interesting...

Template by - Abdul Munir - 2008 : Modified by Medhaa Chabria