- ▼ February (4)
I love butternut squash because of its natural sweetness and so when I saw this recipe I wrote it down immidiately but did not save the link. This is a nice and creamy halwa which does not need much attention.
4 cups butternut squash, peeled and cut into 1 inch cubes
1 cup marshmellows
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 cup water
1/2 cup evaporated milk
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 cup butter
1/2 tsp cinnamon
Dry fruits (optional) - almonds, raisins etc.
- Put the squash, water, salt in a saucepan.
- Cover and cook for about 15 minutes or until tender. (Can use a pressure cooker too).
- Drain it and keep aside in a mixing bowl.
- Preheat oven to 350 F / 180 C.
- Grease a casserole.
- Mash the squash, add the remaining ingredients. Mix well.
- Place it in the casserole.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Mix in the dry fruits and serve hot.
This is my contribution to the event Food In Colors - Orange, hosted by Aparna this month, originally started by Harini