- ▼ February (4)
Singhi/Drumsticks have never been my favorite but hubby dear likes them, so this valentine when he asked me what do you want, I asked him the best gift would be if he cleaned the house this week for me. He promptly agreed. I should have also asked him to take care of the kitchen if I had known he would agree so anyways Saturday he said Medhaa kitchen is yours and the rest I will take care off. OK at least he is cleaning the house I can manage the cooking so I promised him he will get his Singhi Aloo, its been 2 years and he hasn't gotten to eat them. So this was my valentine gift for him, only it was a day late, yes on valentine I had to feel like a Queen while he was cleaning away, so we had sandwiches and maggie on valentine and the next day I baked muffins and Singhi Aloo to thank him for everything.
2 Medium drumsticks, pealed washed and cut into 2 inches pieces
1 Medium potato, pealed washed and cut into 2 inches cubes
1/2 cup onion, chopped
1 cup tomato, chopped
1/2 inch ginger
2 green chilies
10 - 12 curry leaves (optional)
1/2 tsp coriander powder
1/4 tsp red chili powder
1/4 tsp turmeric powder
salt to taste
coriander leaves for garnish
1 tsp oil
- Grind/Puree the tomatoes, ginger and green chilies together.
- Heat the oil and fry the onions in them till they turn golden brown.
- Add the curry leaves, coriander powder, red chili powder and turmeric powder and cook for another minute.
- Add the pureed tomatoes and cook till the oil separates. (5 - 10 mins)
- Add the potatoes and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Add the drumsticks.
- Transfer everything to a pressure cooker.
- Add water enough just to cover everything.
- Add salt.
- Cook for 2 whistles.
- Once the pressure is out, open and boil till you get the required consistency for the gravy.
- Garnish will coriander leaves and serve with phulka/roti/chapati and papad.
Off this goes to the Just for You event hosted by Alka.