- ▼ 2009 (31)
It has been so long that I have blogged anything, many things happening at the same time. We ad a water pipe burst for the 6th time in the apartment. Finally we decided to move out and by gods grace we found a lovely house and could also move in within 3 weeks. Its a great feeling to be in your own house and yet so much to do its never ending.
These busy days are when I love that we have some left overs. This is a recipe where you just follow your instincts, I don't have measurements for the masalas, its all upto everyones taste. Sometimes I just add Idli Pudi / chutney powder and other times I make it this way. If you like you can even deep fry the idlies, I sometimes bake them too.
- Cut the cooked left over Idlies into quarters.
- Mix some coriander powder, red chili powder, turmeric powder, cumin powder, amchur (mango powder), sugar and salt. Make this mix to your taste.
- Heat 1 tsp oil in a pan. Add 1 tsp mustard seeds.
- Add curry leaves once they splutter.
- Add the masala mix made in step 2.
- Add the idlies.
- Mix well and cook for 5 minutes, till everything is heated well.
- I cooked it on medium high, mixing intermediately, to make the idlies little crisp.
- Garnish with fresh coriander leaves and serve with coconut chutney.