- ▼ June (4)
Srivalli of Spice Your Life has started this wonderful Indian Cooking Challenge, where every month one recipe will be given and everyone should follow it and post it on the same day. This month was trial and we all had to make Rava Laddoo's. What day better than today, being our anniversary and also we finalized on a house. I waited for today to make it. I had made them before but a bit differently. I followed her recipe and this is much easier than what I used to follow and tasted better too. Thanks Srivalli for this lovely challenge. This were so easy to make too. Here is Srivalli's recipe.
Makes - 10 Laddoos of normal size
Rava / Semolina - 1 cup
Sugar - 1 cup
Ghee - 25 gms
Milk - 25 ml
Cardamom powder - a pinch
Cashew nuts - 10 whole nuts
Raisins - 10 nos
Grated fresh coconut - 25 gms
- Heat 2 tsp of ghee in a kadai. Roast cashew nuts and raisins. Once the raisins balloon up, remove and keep them aside.
- Roast the grated coconut. Remove and keep aside.
- Add the remaining ghee and roast the Rava till its well roasted and aroma starts coming out.
- In a bowl, take all the roasted Rava, Nuts, Coconut and add the Cardamom powder.
- Add the sugar. Mix well.
- Slowly add the warm milk into the bowl. Check if you are able to gather as balls. When you find that milk added is enough to get you laddoos, transfer it back to the kadai and cook on sim for 2 mins.
- Mix well and then cover it and let it rest for 2 mins.
- Then immediately make laddoos.