- ▼ 2009 (31)
This is a simple and flavorful pulao. Can be served with any dal or taste great with just yogurt too.
1 cup basmati rice (250 gms)
1 cup frozen peas (You can use fresh too)
1 tsp jeera - cumin seeds
1 tsp ghee
1 inch ginger, grated
2 green chilies, chopped
1/2 cup fresh coriander leaves, chopped
2 tbsp fresh mint leaves, chopped (optional)
few curry leaves, chopped (optional)
2 cups water
salt to taste
- Wash the rice in water. Keep soaked in water till the pea mix is made.
- Heat ghee in a pan.
- Add the cumin seeds.
- Once they splutter,coriander leaves, curry leaves, mint leaves, green chilies and ginger. Cook for a minute.
- Add the peas. Cook for 2 minutes. (If using fresh peas cook till the peas are half done).
- Drain the rice. (Soaked for about 10 minutes now)
- Add 2 cups off water, the drained rice and salt.
- Bring the water to a boil on medium high.
- Once it reaches a rolling boil stage, reduce the heat to low.
- Cover the pan and cook till the rice is done. (About 10 to 15 minutes)
- You can cook this in a pressure cooker too, only difference is in step 7, just add the water and salt. Bring the water to a boil. Add the rice, close the cooker and give 2 whistles. (Depends on each cooker, check yours to see how many whistles for basmati rice)
- You can also cook this in the rice Cooker, after step 6 place the pea mix, water, rice and salt in the rice cooker and cook as per instructions.