- December (2)
- November (5)
- October (1)
- September (2)
- August (3)
- July (2)
- June (4)
- April (3)
- March (4)
- February (4)
- January (1)
This is the quickest and easiest breakfast. Its all done in about 20 minutes.
1.5 cups Thick Poha
1/2 cup onions, chopped
1/2 cup potato, chopped into very small pieces(Same as the onions)
1/4 cup carrots, chopped into very small pieces(Same as the onions) (optional, can use peas too)
2 green chilies, chopped
1.5 tbsp peanuts
1 tsp mustard seeds
few curry leaves
2 tsp sugar or to taste
1 tsp salt or to taste
3 tbsp lime juice
1/4 tsp turmeric powder
fresh coriander leaves for garnish
- Heat 1 tsp oil in a pan.
- Add the peanuts.
- Once the peanuts are fried well, add the mustard seeds.
- When the mustard seeds splutter add curry leaves and onions.
- Reduce heat, add the potatoes, carrots and 1/2 tsp salt.
- Reduce the fame to medium low, cover the pan. To cook the potatoes and carrots. Keep stirring in between.
- Meanwhile, place the poha in a sieve and rinse them under running water for 2 minutes.
- Leave the poha in the sieve, to let all the water drain out. About 5 minutes. If water is not drained well they will get mashed while cooking.
- Place the rinsed poha in a mixing bowl. Loosen the pohas if any lumps are formed.
- Add sugar, salt and lime juice to the poha and mix well. Keep aside.
- Once the potatoes and carrots are cooked, add turmeric powder to it and mix well. Cook for a minute.
- Add the pohas. Mix well.
- Reduce the heat to low. Cover the pan and cook for another 5 minutes.
- If the Poha is really thick and does not seem to cook, you can sprinkle some water and cover and keep again for more time.
- Do not over cook, if not they will get mashed to a paste..
- Check seasoning. Garnish with fresh coriander leaves.
- Serve with chutney.