Ingredients
1 cup Basmati rice
2 to 4 peppercorns
12 mm. (1/2") piece cinnamon
2 cloves
2 green cardamom
1 onion, chopped
1 cup carrot, grated
1 cup boiled chickpeas or canned chickpeas
1/2 lime juice
1 tablespoon oil
salt to taste

Method

  1. Wash the rice and keep aside.
  2. Heat the oil in a pressure cooker, add the peppercorns, cinnamon, cloves, cardamom and onion and fry for some time.
  3. Then add the carrots and chickpeas and stir for a few seconds.
  4. Add 2 cups water, salt and lime juice and let the water boil.
  5. Finally, add the rice and perssure cook for 2 whistle. Allow the steam to escape before opening.

8 comments:

Sunshinemom said...

Any mixed rice is always welcome - saves time too:) Nice colour:)

Ramya Bala said...

First time here,and ur posts looks great!!!Read from ur daring bakers post that u have broken neck..Its really hard n painful..I know it...And the bread looks simply superb!!!

Indranee Batabyal said...

Hello Medha, you have a very nice blog with finger licking recipes:)This chickpea rice will be a fantastic treat for the vegetarians!

SMN said...

That a nice combo looks very tempting

Cham said...

Quick and easy mixed rice :)

KALVA said...

yumm lovely one

Unknown said...

Addition of chickpeas to rice is new to me..looks nice..

Anonymous said...

I love this rice! I make something similar to it from time to time. In fact, I like tossing anything I have in my cupboard into my rice:) chickpeas happen to be the most frequently used ingredient:) Yum!

Template by - Abdul Munir - 2008 : Modified by Medhaa Chabria