- ▼ March (4)
Besan Toast is the vegetarian version for French Toast, whenever mama would make french toast for us, she would make besan toast for herself since she does not have eggs. Its easy and quick to make. I will just give the ingredients and the method, quantities vary as per taste.
besan (gram flour)
fresh coriander leaves
green chillies or red chili flakes
grated carrot (optional)
cabbage, chopped (optional)
oil or butter
- Cut the bread diagonally, you can even make 2 rectangles or 4 squares, or even use cookie cutter to get different shapes to please kids.
- Mix besan, onions, coriander leaves, green chilies, vegetables and the salt.
- Add water to the besan, to make a thick batter.
- Heat a tawa on medium heat.
- Dip the bread pieces in the besan mix and place on the hot tawa.
- Add some oil/butter, cook till the side facing down is golden brown and crisp.
- Flip and cook this side to golden brown and crisp, adding more oil if needed.
- Serve with ketchup or chutney.