- ▼ March (4)
There are 2 ways we normally cook Binda Basar, one deep frying the bindhis and then making the curry and I have already posted that one here, and the second the same thing in the cooker which is quicker and healtier. We normally have this with roti while the fried version with khichini.
250 gms Bhinda - Okra
2 onions, chopped
1 inch ginger
2 green chilies
1 tsp coriander powder
1/2 tsp red chili powder
1/4 tsp turmeric powder
salt to taste
fresh coriander leaves for garnish
- Puree the tomatoes, ginger and green chili together.
- Heat 1 tsp oil in a cooker.
- Add the onions and cook on medium low till they are translucent.
- Add the coriander powder, red chili powder and turmeric powder. Cook for minute till the oil separates.
- Add the pureed tomatoes. cook till the oil separates.
- Add the Bhinda's and salt. Mix well.
- Add 1/4 cup water.
- Close the cooker and give one whistle.
- garnish with coriander leaves and serve along with roti.
Back to Sindhi Recipe List