- ▼ June (4)
Hello friends, its been so long I have been able to post anything due to different circumstances. But am back now and will try to catch up for the lost time.
Here is the most loved and easy to make Mattar Aloo, this is a saviour when you don't have much in your fridge.
2 medium potatoes, cut in quarters
1/2 cup frozen peas
1/2 cup chopped onions
2 big tomatoes / 2 tbsp tomato paste(or as per taste)
1/2 inch ginger
1 green chili
1/2 tsp coriander powder
1/4 tsp red chili powder
pinch turmeric powder
salt to taste
fresh coriander leaves for garnish
1 tbsp oil
- Puree the tomatoes, ginger and green chilies. Keep aside. If using tomato paste, then just grate the ginger and chop the green chilies and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a cooker.
- Add the onions and fry them on medium high till they are golden brown.
- Add the coriander powder, red chili powder and turmeric powder.
- Mix well and cook for a minute, till the oil separates.
- Add the pureed tomato and cook on medium high till the oil separates.
- Add the peas and potatoes. Saute for a few minutes.
- Add 1.5 cups of water.
- Close the cooker and after 2 whistles, turn it off.
- Let the steam out naturally.
- Boil the curry till required consistency, adding more water if needed.
- Garnish with fresh coriander leaves and serve.
You Make my Day, thank you Meera Yummy Blog Award, thank you easycraft Rocking Girl Blogger, thank you Sashree, Skribles, easycraft and Neha Inspiration Award, thank you Sashree Wylde Woman Award, thank you SriLekha Brilliant Weblog, thank you vani, easycraft and Alka Blogging Friends Forever, thank you Pallavi Just Nice Photos - Beautiful Site, thank you Bhawana 2008 Best Blog Darts Thinker, thank you Bhawana Big Bear Hug, thank you Bhawana