- ► 2009 (31)
- ▼ May (9)
Who does not love a simple Banana Bread, this has been baking in my house for don't know how long, this was the second bread I learnt to bake the first was chocolate cake. I love when bananas turn black cause then I know exactly what I want to do with them. We have been baking them egg less since mama does not eat anything that contains egg. This is my mama's recipe this is how I learnt it and this is how I always bake it every single time and yet not so bored of it.
This is my entry to NQN’s Banana Bread bakeoff event!
1 cup sugar ( I use 3/4 cup if I am using Indian granulated Sugar)
4 tbsp melted unsalted butter
2 tbsp yogurt/curds/dahi
1 and 1/2 cup all purpose flour (Maida)
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp vanilla essence / extract
1/4 cup milk
1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- Pre Heat oven to 350 degree Fahrenheit / 180 degree centigrade
- Mash the bananas, add sugar, yogurt and mix.
- With a hand beater add butter, salt, and flour till incorporated. (You can just mix them in too)
- Mix the Baking Soda with the milk and add it to the above mix along with the vanilla essence.
- Mix in the walnuts and stir till everything is well blended.
- Pour this batter in a greased bread tin and bake for about 50-60 minutes or till a tooth pick inserted comes out dry.