- ► 2009 (31)
This is a Nita Mehta's recipe from her Microwave Cooking book. i do not prefer cooking in the microwave but got the book since it had some lovely recipes so I just make them on the stove top. This is one easy recipes and tastes great with roti, chapati, parathas or puri.
3-4 Black cardamoms (Moti Elaichi)
2 onions chopped finely
1 tomato chopped finely
1/4 tsp sugar
1 tsp red chili powder
1/4 tsp turmeric
1 cup plain curds
1 cup frozen corn
2 green chilies
1/4 tsp garam masala
fresh coriander leaves for garnish
salt to taste
Grind to a smooth Paste using little water
1/4 cup grated coconut, fresh or unsweetened dessicated coconut
2 tsp poppy seeds
7 cashew nuts
- Heat oil in a pan. Add the open black cardamoms.
- Add the onions and cook till they are translucent.
- Add the sugar, red chili powder, turmeric and salt. Mix well.
- Add the ground Paste and cook till oil separates.
- Add the tomato and cook for 5 minutes.
- Beat the curds well.
- Add the curds, corn and garam masala. Add some water to get desired consistency.Mix well.
- Cover and cook on low for 10 minutes or till the corn is cooked.
- Garnish with fresh coriander leaves and serve.
- In a microwave safe dish add 3 tbsp oil and opened black cardamoms. Microwave on high for 2 minutes uncovered.
- Add onions, sugar, red chili powder, turmeric powder and salt. Mix well and microwave for 3 minutes.
- Add the ground paste and tomatoes. Mix well cover and microwave on high for 5 minutes.
- Add the yogurt, corn, chilies and garam masala. Mix well. Microwave for 7 minutes stirring once in between.
- Add 1/2 cup water and microwave for 2 minutes.
- Let it stand for 2 minutes, garnish with coriander leaves and serve.