- ► 2009 (31)
In Sindhis there is a sweet known as Bhugi Mawe ji Mithai, but I could not get Mawa here so I substituted it with ricotta cheese and the end result was amazing. This was an instant hit everyone loved it so much that I did not even get to taste it.
850 gms ricotta cheese
300 gm sugar (Can use more or less according to taste)
1 tsp cardamom powder
4 tbsp blanched and slivered almonds. (Any dry fruit can be used, pista, cashews etc..)
- Heat the ricotta cheese in a thick pan till all the water evaporates and it dries up completely. Approximately 45 minutes.
- Add the sugar and cook again till the mixture dries up.
- Remove from heat, add the cardamom powder. Mix Well.
- Grease a plate and pour the cheese mithai in it.
- Garnish with the almonds.
- Cool Completely.
- Cut into diamonds and serve.