- ► 2009 (31)
Happy Ganesh Chaturti to everyone. Modaks are normally made to offer as prasad to Ganesha.
Ingredients (Makes 8)
1/2 cup maida
a pinch salt
2 tsp oil
water to knead dough
125 gms dry coconut
94 gm jaggery, Gur
15 - 20 raisins
1/2 tsp cardamom powder
- Make a stiff dough using maida, salt, oil and water. Cover and keep aside for 1/2 hour.
- Roast the almonds and cashews. Chop and keep aside.
- Heat the coconut and jaggery together. Once the jaggery melts and the color is uniform, remove from heat.
- Mix the cashews, almonds, raisins and cardamom. Keep aside to cool.
- Make a lime size ball of the dough. Roll it to a small circle. It should rolled really thin.
- Place 1 tbsp of the filling in the center.
- Rub some water on the edges of the rolled dough.
- Fold from one side to cover the filling and form a semi circle. Press the edges well.
- Using a fork press along the edge to get a nice design and helps in sealing.
- Deep fry them on medium heat till golden brown.
- Cool and store in air tight container.
This is my contribution to the Sweet Series - Deep fried or steam cooked sweets hosted by Mythreyee of Paajaka Recipes.
This also goes to Purva's Festive Food - Ganesh Chaturti event