- December (2)
- November (5)
- October (1)
- September (2)
- August (3)
- July (2)
- June (4)
- April (3)
- March (4)
- February (4)
- January (1)
This is my Asha Mammi's recipe, she is a wonderful cook. You can call this Egg Biryani if you want I used to call that but she tells no it is Egg fried rice. Its not like the normal Chinese fried rice that we make, its packed with some strong flavours and very easy to make. We had it with Gobi Manchurian.
250 gms basmati rice
2 eggs boiled
2 onions chopped
1.5 cup coriander leaves
1/2 cup mint leaves
1 tablespoon cashews
4 pieces of garlic
1 inch piece ginger
1 green chili
1 inch piece cinnamon
4 green Cardamom (elaichi)
- Cook the rice till it is 3/4 th cooked. Do not make it too soft.
- Grind together coriander leaves,mint leaves,cashews,garlic,ginger,green chili,cloves,cinnamon and elachi. This is the green masala.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of ghee in non stick pan.Add the onions and saute it in the ghee till transparent.
- Add the green masala and mix. Cook it for 10 mins.
- Beat 4 eggs and add to the above mixture.
- Go on mixing till the mixture is dry.
- Add the boiled rice along with 1 tabs of ghee to the above dry mixture. Mix Well
- Slice the 2 boiled eggs and place it on top of the rice.
- Cover keep the rice on dhum for 10 mins on low or till the rice is cooked.
- Serve. We had it with Gobi Manchurian.