- ▼ November (5)
I got this simple and delicious recipe from Bhawana. This is easy to make and goes well with any dal, sambhar or rasam. Or just have it plain with phulka/chapati/roti and curds.
4 carrots, sliced into rounds
1 large onion, chopped
4 spring onions, chopped
1 green chili, chopped
1 tsp mustard seeds
1 tsp cumin seeds
1 tsp kitchen king masala (adjust to taste) [Bhawana uses garam masala]
pinch turmeric powder
salt to taste
- Heat 1 tsp oil in a pan.
- Add the mustard seeds and cumin seeds.
- Add the onions and green chilies once the seeds splutter. Cook on medium till transluscent.
- Add the turmeric powder and Kitchen king masala. Cook till oil seperates.
- Add carrots and salt. Mix.
- Cover and cook for 5 minutes on low, or till the carrots are nearly cooked.
- Add 3/4 off the spring onions. Mix well.
- Cook for another 5 minutes.
- Garnish with rest of the spring onions.