- ▼ November (5)
Seyal Bread - Bread Upma, is the best way to use up old bread, this is also a quick and easy breakfast, its better eaten as soon as it is off the gas, sincethe bread soaks up the gravy and turns soggy really fast, if you are like me then you like it that way, but if you are like my hubby then you like a dry version where the bread holds its shape. He then eats it with tons of ketchup, he cannot eat anything much without ketchup, its like what pickle would be to many of us, he has even eaten rice with ketchup.
8 slices of bread, cut into small cubes
1/2 cup onion, sliced
1 cup chopped tomatoes
1 green chili (or to taste)
1/4 inch ginger
2 garlic pods
1/4 cup corriander leaves
2-3 mint leaves (pudina) - Optional
1/4 tsp mustard seeds
few curry leaves
1/4 tsp red chili powder
3/4 cup water
1 tbsp ketchup or maggie chili garlic sauce - Optional
salt to taste
Fresh coriander leaves for garnish
- Grind the tomatoes, ginger, garlic, green chilies, corriander leaves and mint together.
- Heat 1 tsp oil in a pan, add the mustard seeds.
- Once they splutter add the curry leaves.
- Add the onion, and cook till they turn transluscent.
- Add the red chili powder, cook for a minute.
- Add the ground tomatoe, cook till oil seperates.
- Add ketchup.
- Add the water, salt and bring to a boil. Simmer till a thick gravy is formed
- Add the bread pieces.
- Mix well.
- Once the bread is heated through, garnish with coriander leaves and serve.