- ► 2009 (31)
- Chawara Ji Kheerni
- Grilled Sandwiches - Jhiva for love
- Khatta Meetha Shalgum
- Ras Patta Kaddu
- Pudina Biryani
- Mukandar Wadi
- Heida Wara Chawara
- Paneer Malai Tikka
- Dahi Semiya
- My First Bread
- Karele Ji Bhajji
- Cream of Spinach Mushroom Soup
- Nupur's Pav Bhajji and Pooja's Methi Ni Kadhi
- Lazeez Paneer
- Bread Rolls
- One Month of Blogging
- Corn Methi
- Radish Leaves Bisi Bele Bath
- Turi Ji Bhajji
- Varyoon Patata Waagan Ji Bhajji
- Dried Cranberry Shortbread
- ▼ April (22)
This is a easy and tasty snack with different filling's rolled inside a slice of bread. A quick and easy snack to make if you have some bread at hand. The filling can be anything that you have in your fridge or pantry. I made a mixed vegetable filling and a ricotta cheese filling.
1 loaf of bread
Water or Milk
Oil for deep frying
Filling 1: Mixed Vegetable Filling
1/2 carrot grated
1/2 onion sliced thinly
1/4 capsicum sliced thinly (I used the red peppers for their sweetness)
1/2 cup grated mozrella cheese (Feel free to use any cheese available at the moment)
2 green chillies chopped or red chilli flakes
2 tbsp corriander leaves chopped
salt and pepper to taste
Filling 2: Riccotta Filling
1/2 cup Ricotta cheese
1/2 parmesan cheese
1 tsp dried rosemary
1 tsp red chilli flakes
salt and pepper to taste
- In a large bowl, mix all the ingredients of the desired filling.
- Remove the crusts from the bread.
- Pour some milk or water in a plate and dip each slice in the milk or Water.
- Place the bread between your palms and gently squeeze to get the excess milk or water out.
- Place a portion of the filling mixture in each slice and wrap it around and cover the mixture completely,to get an oval shape.
- Continue with the remaining bread slices.
- Deep fry them or bake them in an oven.
- Serve with ketchup or chutney.
Note To bake them, cover a cookie sheet with aluminium foil, place the rolls and drizzle some oil or butter on the rolls. Coat the rolls well with oil. And bake in preheated oven at 350 F, till golden brown and crisp. Cool and Serve.
Other Filling Options
- Paneer, Onion, Green chillies, corriander leaves, salt and pepper.
- Potato, Onion, Jeera Powder, amchur, red chilli powder, turmeric powder, corriander powder, corriander leaves, green chillies and salt.
- Minced Meat.
- Soya nuggets, minced Soya nuggets.
- Grated Cabbage,grated carrot, Jeera Powder, amchur, red chilli powder, turmeric powder, corriander powder, corriander leaves, green chillies and salt.
Maybe you can share what filling you would put in them.