This month I joined the Daring Bakers and will be in from next month, ever since I sent the email I was wondering if I could do justice. I have baked a little, like cake muffins and cookies but never used yeast. I am an amateur baker but love to learn more that's why I decided to join them. So I decided to play with yeast before I start and maybe then I am more confident.

So I went to the store to buy all that I needed for bread and when I went to get the yeast there were 2 kinds of yeast instant yeast and dry active yeast, did not know which would be used to make a bread so bought both. I bought Robin Hoods Best for Bread Flour. I was looking for an easy bread recipe when I landed up in Robin Hoods website and decided to follow their Basic White Bread Recipe, I was using their flour any ways.

It took me one week to get the courage to start and this Sunday was the day, the yeast came out and the flour too. I followed the recipe religiously and at the end was very proud of my bread.



The recipe was for 2 loaves, so I made a loaf with one half and shaped the other into buns which were not that round but tasted great. I am now so excited and already plan to make different kinds of bread, with herbs onions.

The recipe is great though, over here it took 2 and half hours for the dough to rise and even the second rise was the same. It was tea time when the buns finally came out of the oven and we enjoyed the fresh hot buns with a cup of Chai/ Tea.

13 comments:

Cham said...

Wow, They came out so good. Look like bakery items. Buns are shiny and soft.Well done Medhaa!

Medhaa said...

That was quick, thanks cham they did come out well were really soft and I am so happy except for the shapes I should work on them...:)

Unknown said...

Hi Medhaa ur bread looks moist and great..doesnt look like it was made the first time..Good luck with ur daring bakers challenge..and homemade bread satisfies u..and u cant stop with one..

Rachel said...

The loaf is just perfect!

Anonymous said...

looks fabulous!!

Unknown said...

They look so perfect, does'nt look as if they are baked by a first timer :)

sunita said...

Medhaa, well done! Your breads look perfect :-)

Arundathi said...

Congratulations girl! :) That was very brave. I've yet to get the courage, but someday I hope I will.

The bread looks great! Good luck in the Daring Bakers! :)

SMN said...

Medhaa bread luks perect texture well done

Medhaa said...

Thank you so much everyone it encourages me to make more things with yeast now...:)

Archy said...

Wow, perfect bread Medhaa..
Ur first try came out so good.. Lovely !!

kamala said...

Cant believe this is ur first bread medhaa....the bread looks moist

Shifa Firoz said...

your bread looks so perfect! i have top try it soon :)

Template by - Abdul Munir - 2008 : Modified by Medhaa Chabria