- ► 2009 (31)
- Chawara Ji Kheerni
- Grilled Sandwiches - Jhiva for love
- Khatta Meetha Shalgum
- Ras Patta Kaddu
- Pudina Biryani
- Mukandar Wadi
- Heida Wara Chawara
- Paneer Malai Tikka
- Dahi Semiya
- My First Bread
- Karele Ji Bhajji
- Cream of Spinach Mushroom Soup
- Nupur's Pav Bhajji and Pooja's Methi Ni Kadhi
- Lazeez Paneer
- Bread Rolls
- One Month of Blogging
- Corn Methi
- Radish Leaves Bisi Bele Bath
- Turi Ji Bhajji
- Varyoon Patata Waagan Ji Bhajji
- Dried Cranberry Shortbread
- ▼ April (22)
(Wadi, Potato and Brinjal Curry) - Sindhi Style
Varyoon or Punjabi Wadis are dried spiced lentil balls. Many Punjabi's make them at home, but we have always bought them ready. They are pretty spicy depending on which ones you buy. The Amritsari Wadis are the most famous among the Sindhi's. Cooked in Fried onion and Tomato gravy they taste delicious with plain rice and onions.
2 Potatoes, cut into quarters
1/2 Brinjal, cut into quarters larger than potatoes
2 large Tomatoes, chopped
1/4 cup curds
2 Onions, chopped
1 Green chillies, chopped
1/2 inch Ginger, grated
1 tsp Coriander powder
1 tsp Red chilli powder
1/4 tsp Turmeric powder
Salt to taste
Coriander leaves for garnish
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in a kadai,fry the wadis in the oil till brown in color, drain on tissue paper and keep aside.
- Fry onions,in same oil,till golden brown in color.
- Add coriander powder, red cilli powder and cook for 1 minute.
- Add tomatoes ,chillies,finely chopped ginger,turmeric,fry till the oil separates.
- Beat the curds well and add it to the pan.
- Add potatoes and salt and saute it well for about 5 minutes.
- Add some water,add wadis and Brinjal and transfer to a pressure Cooker.
- Cook will the vegetables are done. (About 2 whistles).
- Once the cooker is opened, boil the gravy till required consistency
- Garnish with chopped coriander serve with rice or rotis
Back to Sindhi Recipe List