- ► 2009 (31)
- Chawara Ji Kheerni
- Grilled Sandwiches - Jhiva for love
- Khatta Meetha Shalgum
- Ras Patta Kaddu
- Pudina Biryani
- Mukandar Wadi
- Heida Wara Chawara
- Paneer Malai Tikka
- Dahi Semiya
- My First Bread
- Karele Ji Bhajji
- Cream of Spinach Mushroom Soup
- Nupur's Pav Bhajji and Pooja's Methi Ni Kadhi
- Lazeez Paneer
- Bread Rolls
- One Month of Blogging
- Corn Methi
- Radish Leaves Bisi Bele Bath
- Turi Ji Bhajji
- Varyoon Patata Waagan Ji Bhajji
- Dried Cranberry Shortbread
- ▼ April (22)
Bake it in the oven, cook on the tandoor, grill them on the barbecue or just cook them on the tawa, this is one dish that will vanish the minute its on the table. We normally like to eat this as a side dish to any dal recipe.
205 gms paneer (Firm cottage cheese), cut in 2 inch cubes
1 capsicum, cut in square pieces 2 inches
1 onion or Leek, cut in squares, 2 inches
1/2 cup thick yogurt or 1/4 cup yogurt and 1/4 cup cream
2 tsp red chili powder
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1 tsp ginger paste
1/2 tsp garlic paste
1/4 tsp chat masala
1 tsp dried fenugreek leaves
1/2 tsp garam masala
1 tsp tandoori masala
2 tbsp mozzrella cheese (optional)
1 tbsp oil
Juice of 1 lime
salt to taste
- Combine all ingredients except paneer, capsicum and onions and mix well..
- Then add the paneer, capsicum and onions and mix well till all the pieces are coated with the paste.
- Marinate it for 4-5 hours, if you want marinate it overnight in the fridge.
- When ready to serve, soak the wooden skewers in hot water for at least 15 minutes. (This makes sure they do not burn in the oven).
- Arrange the paneer, capsicum and onions on the skewer, alternating with the three vegetables. Drizzle some oil on them
- Preheat the oven to 350 or the grill or heat a Tawa/ non stick Pan.
- Cook the tikkas till the are slightly browned on the edges.
- Serve with extra lime wedges.