- ► 2009 (31)
- Paneer Makhanwala
- Garlic Bread and Tomato-Basil Bruschetta
- Waagan Aloo
- Baked Pear Pudding
- Sai Bhaji
- Sweet and Sour Veggie Sausage
- Kesar Badam Sandesh
- Dal Pakwan
- Sindhi Dishes
- Achari Paneer
- Vegetarian Lasagna
- Corn Methi Rice
- Beetroot, Carrot and Potato Pancakes with Watermel...
- Lauki Dahi Waala
- Methi Channa With Bhatura
- ▼ March (16)
This is a pressure cooker rice by Tarla Dalal. Simple, easy and delicious.The sweetness of the corn and bitterness of methi make this a perfect combination. This is a meal you will enjoy after a tiring day of work. Quick to make and the best part not too many dishes to wash at the end.
This is my contribution to Meeta's "Monthly Mingle - One-Dish Dinners"
1 cup Basmati rice
2 to 4 peppercorns
12 mm. (1/2") piece cinnamon
2 green cardamom
1 green chilli, chopped
1 onion, sliced
1 cup fenugreek leaves (methi), chopped
1/2 cup sweet corn kernels
1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder (haldi)
1 tablespoon butter
1 tablespoon oil
salt to taste
- Wash the rice and keep aside.
- Heat the butter and oil in a pressure cooker, add the peppercorns, cinnamon, cloves, cardamom, onion and green chilli and fry for some time.
- Then add the fenugreek leaves, corn kernels and turmeric powder and stir for a few seconds.
- Put 2 cups of water and let it boil.
- Finally, add the rice and 2 cups of hot water along with salt and perssure cook for 2 whistle. Allow the steam to escape before opening.
- Serve with yogurt and pickle.