(Bottle Gaurd in Yogurt)



This is my mothers recipe which is loved by all and does not matter how much you make it its always less at the end of the day and you are craving for more.

Ingredients
1/2 Lauki peeled cut into slices
1 tsp mustard seeds
1 tsp Jeera seeds
a pinch hingh (Asafoetida)
1 and 1/2 cups curds (yogurt)
1 tbsp Besan (gram flour)
1 green chilli chopped
1 inch ginger grated
a pinch tumeric powder
1/4 tsp sugar
salt to taste
1 cup water
1 tbsp oil

Method

  1. Heat oil in a pan. Add hing, mustard seeds and jeera.
  2. Once the seeds splutter, add the lauki peices, salt and 3/4 cup of water.
  3. Lower the heat to meduim and cover the pan till the lauki is cooked. Mixing at regular intrevals.
  4. While the lauki cooks beat the curds.
  5. Add besan, green chili, ginger, sugar and tumeric powder to the curds.
  6. Reduce the heat to low once the lauki is cooked.
  7. Add the curd mixture to the lauki with 1/4 cup water.
  8. Once it boils server hot with rotis or rice.

6 comments:

Archana Doshi said...

can we call it Loukhi Kadhi. The recipe looks yumm. Kudos to mommies!

Medhaa said...

Hi Archana,

You could call it Laikhi Kadhi too, in sindhi we call it Dahi Ji Kaadu and the direct hindhi translation was Lauki Dahi Waala so thats why I called it that...:)

Hema said...

Hi Medhaa..tried the dahi lauki..it was yummy!

Anonymous said...

sounds yummy... will try out this summer :)

pallavithinks said...

Wow Medhaa! What a scrumptious recipe!
I just made it and tasted and I am going back again for more and more as mentioned by you.
I had no idea that Lauki can taste so good when made non-conventionally :o)
I believe that I cna now make kadi also myself soon.
Now I have to control myself until dinner time to save it for my husband ;)
I am looking forward to trying more recipes from you blog.

Anonymous said...

Gonna try today :-)

Template by - Abdul Munir - 2008 : Modified by Medhaa Chabria