- ► 2009 (31)
- Paneer Makhanwala
- Garlic Bread and Tomato-Basil Bruschetta
- Waagan Aloo
- Baked Pear Pudding
- Sai Bhaji
- Sweet and Sour Veggie Sausage
- Kesar Badam Sandesh
- Dal Pakwan
- Sindhi Dishes
- Achari Paneer
- Vegetarian Lasagna
- Corn Methi Rice
- Beetroot, Carrot and Potato Pancakes with Watermel...
- Lauki Dahi Waala
- Methi Channa With Bhatura
- ▼ March (16)
Sai Bhaji is a typical Sindhi food made with Spinach, yellow split peas(chana dal), split green gram and a combination of common vegetables like onions, tomatoes, potatoes, eggplant, bottle gourd which are normally available at home. The best part is you can make this with any combination of vegetables, once you have spinach at home. The greens and veggies in it make it a healthy meal choice.
1 bunch of fresh Spinach
1 cup any other greens available (corriander, dill)
1 cup Yellow Split Peas(chana dal)
1/2 cup split freen gram (Khichini dal)
1 big Onion, chopped
2 Tomatoes, chopped
2 cups mixed vegetables, chopped really small (potatoes, brinjal, carrots, beans, bottle gaurd etc)
2 Green chillies, chopped
1/2 tsp grated Ginger
1 tsp chopped Garlic
1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder
1/2 tsp Red Chilli Powder
1 tsp Coriander Pwdr
1 tbsp oil
pinch of asefetida (hing)
- Wash and soak the dals in water for 1/2 hour
- Clean the spinach, and other greens remove the stalks and wash well and then chop them and keep aside.
- Heat Oil in a Pressure Cooker. Add the asefetida.
- Add ginger, garlic and green chillies.
- Add the onions and saute well.
- Add all the dals, vegetables and greens except the tomatoes.
- Add enough water to cover the spinach and vegetables.
- Add the salt,corriander powder, chilli powder, tumeric powder.
- Add the tomatoes and pressure cook for 4 whistles.
- Once the steam is out, hand blend the mixture.
- Boil the bhaji till the extra water evaporates.
- Serve with Khichini, roti, papad and bhoondi raita.
Back to Sindhi Recipe List