- ► 2009 (31)
- Paneer Makhanwala
- Garlic Bread and Tomato-Basil Bruschetta
- Waagan Aloo
- Baked Pear Pudding
- Sai Bhaji
- Sweet and Sour Veggie Sausage
- Kesar Badam Sandesh
- Dal Pakwan
- Sindhi Dishes
- Achari Paneer
- Vegetarian Lasagna
- Corn Methi Rice
- Beetroot, Carrot and Potato Pancakes with Watermel...
- Lauki Dahi Waala
- Methi Channa With Bhatura
- ▼ March (16)
Posted by Medhaa on Thursday, March 06, 2008
This is my contribution to the Balanced Breakfast (WBB#20) event hosted by Mansi of Fun and Food.
This is a healthy pancake to which any kind of vegetables can be added. My mom loves to cook and has been collecting recipes all her life and I have all her books and magzine cuttings now. This recipe is now one of our household favourites.
Beetroot, Carrot and Potato Pancakes
2 cups grated beetroot
1 cup grated carrot
1 cup grated potato
1 egg or 2 tbsp yogurt
1 tbsp all purpose flour
1 tbsp wheat flour
salt to taste
1/4 tsp pepper
1 tsp mixed italian herbs (optional)
2 green chillies (optional)
1 tsp garlic crushed (optional)
- Mix all the vegetables in a large bowl.
- Add salt, pepper, herbs, green chillie and garlic.
- Beat the egg or yougurt, mix the 2 flours in it and add it to the vegetable mixture.
- Mix everything together to form the batter.
- Heat 1 tsp of oil to a non stick pan on medium heat.
- Add a ladleful of batter in the pan and form discs like for pancakes.
- Cover the pan and cook for 5 minutes, till its golden brown.
- Turn the pancake and cook for another 3 minutes.
- Remove from the pan once done.
- Repeat the same for rest ofthe batter.
- Serve them with tomato ketchup, chutney or plain yogurt.
Watermelon Banana Smoothie
1/4 cup chopped and deseeded watermelon.
1 cup milk
2 tsp honey
3 ice cubes
Add the above ingredients to a blender and blend till smooth.
You Make my Day, thank you Meera Yummy Blog Award, thank you easycraft Rocking Girl Blogger, thank you Sashree, Skribles, easycraft and Neha Inspiration Award, thank you Sashree Wylde Woman Award, thank you SriLekha Brilliant Weblog, thank you vani, easycraft and Alka Blogging Friends Forever, thank you Pallavi Just Nice Photos - Beautiful Site, thank you Bhawana 2008 Best Blog Darts Thinker, thank you Bhawana Big Bear Hug, thank you Bhawana