- ► 2009 (31)
- Daring Bakers August 2008 - Chocolate Éclairs by P...
- Kutti - Wheat Flour Sweet
- Nutri Nuggets Ji Biryani
- Some More Awards
- Beans Sprout Curry
- Sabudana Ji Kheerni
- Happy Independence Day
- Tandoori Roti
- Shahi Paneer
- Karela Juice - Bitter Gourd Juice
- Recipe Index
- Oats Dosa
- Muruku / Chakli
- Pineapple Rasam and Kadala Curry - Jugalbandi - Tr...
- ▼ August (14)
Beans Sprouts are used extensively in Chinese cooking, I love the crunch they provide to the noodles. But we also cook it in this curry form to be had with rice.
Ingredients (Serves 2)
1 cup beans sprouts
1 onion, chopped
2 large tomatoes
2 green chilies
1 inch ginger
10-12 curry leaves
1 tsp coriander powder
1/4 tsp red chili powder
pinch of turmeric
salt to taste
fresh coriander leaves for garnish
- Puree the tomatoes, green chilies and ginger together. Keep aside.
- Heat 2 tsp oil in a pressure cooker.
- Add the onions and fry them till the are golden brown in color.
- Add the curry leaves, coriander powder, red chili powder and turmeric. cook for 30 sec mixing well.
- Add the pureed tomatoes and cook will the oil separates.
- Add 2 cups of water, salt and the beans sprouts. and close the cooker lid.
- Wait for two whistles. Let the steam out naturally.
- Open cooker, boil the gravy to required consistency.
- Adjust Seasoning, garnish with coriander leaves.
- Serve with rice.
This goes to Srivalli's Curry Mela.
Bhawana's Taste of India posts are not updating on TOI. You can view her posts on the left side here on my Blog or you can Subscribe to her Blog.