- ► 2009 (31)
- Daring Bakers August 2008 - Chocolate Éclairs by P...
- Kutti - Wheat Flour Sweet
- Nutri Nuggets Ji Biryani
- Some More Awards
- Beans Sprout Curry
- Sabudana Ji Kheerni
- Happy Independence Day
- Tandoori Roti
- Shahi Paneer
- Karela Juice - Bitter Gourd Juice
- Recipe Index
- Oats Dosa
- Muruku / Chakli
- Pineapple Rasam and Kadala Curry - Jugalbandi - Tr...
- ▼ August (14)
Karela or Bitter Gourd, Bitter Melon has many health benefits. The main being regulate the blood sugar and hence it is very good for diabetic patients.
These are few sites that give good information about bitter gourd and home remedies using them.
Ingredients - Makes 1 small glass
1 Karela Big
salt to taste
lime/lemon juice as per taste
- Wash the Karela.
- Remove the seeds.
- Cut into small pieces.
- Puree it in a blender or is you have juicer you can use that. If using blender you can add little water. About 1/4 cup will do.
- If pureed using a blender, pass it through a sieve.
- Add salt and Lime/Lemon juice to the collected juice.
Note: This is really bitter, but the benefits are in this bitter part. I just had drop of it and could not have more my whole food pipe is reacting to it and I can feel the bitter taste all the way down. But if you have Diabeties there is no better home remedy and have it like a tonic.
Bhawana's Taste of India posts are not updating on TOI. You can view her posts on the left side here on my Blog or you can Subscribe to her Blog.
You Make my Day, thank you Meera Yummy Blog Award, thank you easycraft Rocking Girl Blogger, thank you Sashree, Skribles, easycraft and Neha Inspiration Award, thank you Sashree Wylde Woman Award, thank you SriLekha Brilliant Weblog, thank you vani, easycraft and Alka Blogging Friends Forever, thank you Pallavi Just Nice Photos - Beautiful Site, thank you Bhawana 2008 Best Blog Darts Thinker, thank you Bhawana Big Bear Hug, thank you Bhawana