- ► 2009 (31)
- Daring Bakers August 2008 - Chocolate Éclairs by P...
- Kutti - Wheat Flour Sweet
- Nutri Nuggets Ji Biryani
- Some More Awards
- Beans Sprout Curry
- Sabudana Ji Kheerni
- Happy Independence Day
- Tandoori Roti
- Shahi Paneer
- Karela Juice - Bitter Gourd Juice
- Recipe Index
- Oats Dosa
- Muruku / Chakli
- Pineapple Rasam and Kadala Curry - Jugalbandi - Tr...
- ▼ August (14)
Kheerni is thickened milk with Cardamoms, Saffron and a number of rich mild spices. Basically it is the Indian version of rice pudding. But here we will be adding Sabudana instead of rice. Kheerni can be made of Rice, Semiya or Sabudana.
Ingredients (Serves 2)
250 gms half and half cream (10% milk) or Whipping Cream (35%)
250 gms milk (I used 2%)
1 tsp cardamom powder or 2 cardamom pods
1/4 cup Sabudana
1/4 cup sugar (reduce or add more sugar according to taste)
3 tablespoons blanched slivered almond
- Wash the sabudana in a sieve, under running water. Keep Aside to let the water drain completely.
- Pour the cream and 2% milk into a wide and thick pan.
- Add the cardamom pods/powder and bring to a boil without letting the milk spill over.
- Quickly turn heat to medium.
- Add the sabudana slowly into the pan, stirring occasionally.
- Add the sugar.
- Stir now cook on medium heat for about 45 minutes or till the sabudanas are cooked and the kheerni thickened. Keep stirring occasionally.
- Add the almonds. Serve hot or cold
This is my contribution to the Think Spice Event hosted by Sunita of Sunita's World. I chose Cardamom, I love cardamom flavour and smell in sweets and we always make sure to add some in our tea everyday.
Back to Sindhi Recipe List