- ► 2009 (31)
- Daring Bakers August 2008 - Chocolate Éclairs by P...
- Kutti - Wheat Flour Sweet
- Nutri Nuggets Ji Biryani
- Some More Awards
- Beans Sprout Curry
- Sabudana Ji Kheerni
- Happy Independence Day
- Tandoori Roti
- Shahi Paneer
- Karela Juice - Bitter Gourd Juice
- Recipe Index
- Oats Dosa
- Muruku / Chakli
- Pineapple Rasam and Kadala Curry - Jugalbandi - Tr...
- ▼ August (14)
Kutti is a sweet made as prasad in Sindhi houses. It is always made when we perform Satya Narayan Pooja.There are a few versions to making this though the ingredients remain the same, the authentic Kutti is simple and made of Wheat flour, Sugar and ghee. Mama used to always add some powdered cashews or Almonds to it but that is optional, feel free to mix any nut or dry fruits.
Kutti has a shelf life of 1 week if stored in an airtight container, outside or in the fridge. At some Sindhi homes breakfast would be Kutti with Papad.
1 cup Wheat Flour
1/4 cup ghee
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 tsp powdered cardamom
1/4 cup powdered cashews (you can use any nut in powdered form or full form, Almonds too tastes good)
- Heat ghee in a thick bottomed pan.
- Add the wheat flour and cook on medium heat stirring continuously till you get a nice rich brown color and get the smell of cooked wheat flour. Keep stirring regularly, it will take about 30 minutes to 45 minutes.
- Add the Cardamom, Sugar and Cashews.
- Turn of the heat.
- Mix everything together.
- Cool completely and then store in airtight container.