- ► 2009 (31)
- Daring Bakers August 2008 - Chocolate Éclairs by P...
- Kutti - Wheat Flour Sweet
- Nutri Nuggets Ji Biryani
- Some More Awards
- Beans Sprout Curry
- Sabudana Ji Kheerni
- Happy Independence Day
- Tandoori Roti
- Shahi Paneer
- Karela Juice - Bitter Gourd Juice
- Recipe Index
- Oats Dosa
- Muruku / Chakli
- Pineapple Rasam and Kadala Curry - Jugalbandi - Tr...
- ▼ August (14)
Shahi Paneer is a little like Paneer Makhanwala, with difference that we use more tomatoes here and no cashew nuts. It is a lighter gravy with all the flavours still there. The picture above does not do much justice, I had a bad Photo day with the weather being so gloomy and all rain and no sun.
250 gms Paneer, Cottage cheese
4 large tomatoes, chopped (3 cups chopped)
1 onion (3/4 cup chopped)
3/4 cup milk
1/4 cup curds, plain yogurt
1.5 tbsp cornflour, dissolved in 1/2 cup water
1 tbsp tomato sauce (Ketchup)
1/2 tsp chili powder
1/2 tsp pepper powder
1/2 tsp garam masala
1/4 tsp tandoori masala
1 inch ginger, grated
2 black cardamom, crushed
1 green chili
1 tbsp ghee
coriander leaves for garnish
salt to taste
- Heat 1/2 tbsp ghee, add the onions, ginger, green chili and black cardamon. Cook till the onions are light brown in color.
- Add the tomatoes and curds. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Cool the onion tomato paste and grind to a smooth paste. Add some water while grinding if needed.
- Heat 1/2 tbsp ghee, add the paste and cook till oil separates.
- Add the cornflour dissolved in water, stirring continuously.
- Add salt, chili powder, pepper powder, garam masala, tandoori masala and tomato sauce.
- Cook will the gravy thickens.
- Add milk and Paneer. Bring the gravy to a boil.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve with Tandoori Roti, Naan, Roti, Purietc.
This goes to Srivalli's Curry Mela.
More Paneer Recipes:
Paneer Malai Tikka
Bhawana's Taste of India posts are not updating on TOI. You can view her posts on the left side here on my Blog or you can Subscribe to her Blog.
You Make my Day, thank you Meera Yummy Blog Award, thank you easycraft Rocking Girl Blogger, thank you Sashree, Skribles, easycraft and Neha Inspiration Award, thank you Sashree Wylde Woman Award, thank you SriLekha Brilliant Weblog, thank you vani, easycraft and Alka Blogging Friends Forever, thank you Pallavi Just Nice Photos - Beautiful Site, thank you Bhawana 2008 Best Blog Darts Thinker, thank you Bhawana Big Bear Hug, thank you Bhawana