- ► 2009 (31)
- Daring Bakers August 2008 - Chocolate Éclairs by P...
- Kutti - Wheat Flour Sweet
- Nutri Nuggets Ji Biryani
- Some More Awards
- Beans Sprout Curry
- Sabudana Ji Kheerni
- Happy Independence Day
- Tandoori Roti
- Shahi Paneer
- Karela Juice - Bitter Gourd Juice
- Recipe Index
- Oats Dosa
- Muruku / Chakli
- Pineapple Rasam and Kadala Curry - Jugalbandi - Tr...
- ▼ August (14)
Nutri Nuggets/ Soya Chunks Biryani
Ingredients (Serves 2)
3/4 cup rice
1/2 cup nutri Nuggets/ Soya Chunks
1/2 to 3/4 cup milk
1/4 cup peas, fresh or frozen
1/2 cup onion, sliced
10 -12 curry leaves
2.5 tbsp yogurt
2 green chilies
1 inch ginger
2-3 cloves garlic
1/2 tsp coriander powder
1/4 tsp red chili powder
1/4 tsp turmeric powder
1/2 tsp kitchen King Masala
2 cups water
salt to taste
- Soak the rice in water, for at least 1/2 hour. If using Basmati 10 mins will do.
- Soak the Nutri Nuggets / Soya Chunks in milk for 1/2 hour. (Milk should just cover the nuggets)
- Puree the tomatoes, green chilies, ginger and garlic together. Keep aside.
- Heat 2 tsp oil in a thick pan. Add the sliced onions and cook till they are brown and caramelized.
- Add the curry leaves.
- Add all the dry masalas like coriander powder, red chili powder, turmeric, kitchen king masala. Cook for a minute.
- Add the pureed tomato. Cook till the oil separates.
- Beat the yogurt well and add it to the pan. Cook will oil separates
- Add the peas and Nutri Nuggets / Soya chunk along with the milk to the pan.
- Cook for 2 minutes.
- Transfer to a pressure cooker.
- Add the 2 cups of water and salt. Bring the water to a boil.
- Drain the rice and add it to the pressure cooker.
- Close the cooker. After 2 whistles remove from heat.
- Allow to cool.
- Serve with Raita of choice.
This is my entry to the JFI-Soya event hosted by Sia of Monsoon Spice.
Back to Sindhi Recipe List
Bhawana's Taste of India posts are not updating on TOI. You can view her posts on the left side here on my Blog or you can Subscribe to her Blog.