- ► 2009 (31)
- Daring Bakers June 2008 - Danish Braid
- Spiced Sweet potatoes
- Dahi Ji Curry
- Tidali Dal
- Coconut Choco chips and Cranberry Macaroons
- Vayoon Ji Biryani (Wadi Biryani)
- Mughlai Chicken
- Satpuro - 7 Layered Parantha
- Khand Jo Phulko - Sugar Parantha
- Palak Idli
- Cabbage Parantha - Roti Mela
- Some Awards and a Meme
- Mirchi Pakoda, Aloo Bonda and Mirchi Pakoda Chat
- Palak Paneer
- Nupur's Spicy Cauliflower Soup - Tried and Tasted
- Rice Krispies Mixture (Spiced Rice Krispies)
- Dhaas Karela - Stuffed Bitter Gourd Curry
- Bhee Aloo - Lotus Stem Curry
- Falafel with Hummus
- Sai Bhajji Tikki
- ▼ June (20)
Macaroons are simmilar to cookies, they are easy to make, by the time the oven pre heats, the batter is ready to be baked, its that easy. Here is an egg version, but we can make it without eggs too, using condensed milk and taking care of the sugar levels. The egg whites / condensed milk is just used for binding.
2 and 1/2 cups sweetened shredded coconut (625 gms)
2 tsp sugar
2 large egg whites / 2 tbsp condensed milk (just enough to bind)
1/4 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
1/4 cup dry cranberry
1 tsp vanilla extract
Pinch of salt
- Pre heat oven to 350 degree F (180C).
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine all the ingredients in a large bowl. Mix Well with hands till everything is combined well.
- Drop 1 tbsp of mixture on the ready baking sheet, about 1 inch apart.
- Dampen hands with cold water and form a pyramid with the dropped mixture.
- Bake until golden brown, 15 to 20 minutes. Rotating the pan in between.
- Transfer the parchment paper to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Store in air tight container. Can be kept upto 3 days.
->You can also use unsweetened sgredded coconut, juts use 3/4 cup sugar instead.
->If using condensed Milk then reduce the sugar levels since the condensed milk is sweet.
This is my entry to the AFAM - Coconut event hosted by Suganya of Tasty palettes