- ► 2009 (31)
- Daring Bakers June 2008 - Danish Braid
- Spiced Sweet potatoes
- Dahi Ji Curry
- Tidali Dal
- Coconut Choco chips and Cranberry Macaroons
- Vayoon Ji Biryani (Wadi Biryani)
- Mughlai Chicken
- Satpuro - 7 Layered Parantha
- Khand Jo Phulko - Sugar Parantha
- Palak Idli
- Cabbage Parantha - Roti Mela
- Some Awards and a Meme
- Mirchi Pakoda, Aloo Bonda and Mirchi Pakoda Chat
- Palak Paneer
- Nupur's Spicy Cauliflower Soup - Tried and Tasted
- Rice Krispies Mixture (Spiced Rice Krispies)
- Dhaas Karela - Stuffed Bitter Gourd Curry
- Bhee Aloo - Lotus Stem Curry
- Falafel with Hummus
- Sai Bhajji Tikki
- ▼ June (20)
Sai Bhajji Tikki is usually made from Left over Sai Bhajji. Sai Bhajji is a healthy Sindhi dish made with Spinach and mix of many vegetables, its high in iron. It is a quick appetizer to make when you have some left over Sai Bhaji. When I was kid I would never eat Sai Bhaji, but when mama used to make these the next day I would only eat these. I still love them and mama makes sure to make more sai Bhaji just to make these for me. Again one of mama's recipe. Thanks mama.
This goes to the Monthly Mingle - Appetizers & Hors'Doeuvres event started by Meeta of What's For Lunch Honey? , hosted by Mansi of Fun and Food this month.
1 cup Sai Bhajji
2 tbsp Besan / Gramflour
1/4 cup onion, chopped
1/4 tsp Mango Powder
1/4 tsp garam masala
1/4 tsp red chilli powder or 1 green chili, chopped (optional)
1 tsp chat masala
salt to taste (Remeber the Bhajji already has salt)
oil for deep frying.
- If the Sai Bhajji is watery, heat it in high till the water evaporates and the Sai Bhajji is very thick.
- Cool the bhajji to room temperature.
- Mix the besan, onion, mango powder, red chili powder, green chili, garam masala and salt to the sai bhajji.
- Make same lime size balls and fry them on Medium Heat.
- Remove on tissue paper to remove excess oil.
- Flatten the round, to form a disc. (You can store them in the fridge for upto 2 days at this stage)
- When its time to serve remove from fridge, deep fry them on high heat till brown.
- Sprinkle with chat masala and serve hot with chutney or ketchup.