Sashree from A warm welcome to all Foodies has passed on the "Nice Matter" Award, the "Good Chat Award" and she also has tagged me to write 10 things I hate..Thank you Sashree you have become a good friend and have a lovely blog with some nice authentic recipes.

"Nice Matters Award is for those bloggers who are nice people; good blog friends and those who inspire good feelings and inspiration. Also for those who are a positive influence on our blogging world.”






Well I like so many blogs and people and many have already received these awards.

I would like to pass the Nice Matters Award to both Alka and Srivalli who have been very understanding and nice and I love their blogs.

Alka of Sindhi Rasoi - She has been really nice and has some great authentic Sindhi recipes on her blog

Srivalli of Cooking For All Seasons I love dropping by her blog for some great Andhra recipes. And love the Melas she is hosting.

I would also pass the "Good Chat Blog" to Alka, She has some good write ups and pictures you should drop by her blog and Swati Raman Garg of Chatkor, its so refreshing to read the story behind each of her recipes.

Well since we are talking about Good Chat Blogs, I decided why not share some Mixture recipe to share to have along with a hot cup of tea and some gossip. I love using Rice Krispies cereal has it is really crisp and lends a nice sweetness in comparison to the spices. Best part is it takes no time to make and you can play around with the spices to suit your taste.

Rice Krispies Mixture



Ingredients
5 cups Rice Krispies Cereal
2 green chilies, chopped
1/3 cup peanuts
1/4 cup Bhugra, daalia
2 dry red chilies
handful dry coconut, sliced
2 tbsp curry leaves (optional)
1/4 cup raisins
2 tbsp oil.

Mix together in a bowl
2 tbsp coriander powder
1 tbsp red chili powder
1/4 tsp turmeric powder
1 tsp cumin powder
2 tsp amchur / mango powder
2 tsp sugar
1 tsp salt or to taste

Method
  1. heat oil in a kadai.
  2. Fry the peanuts till brown.
  3. Add the curry leaves, red chilies bhugra, raisins, dry coconut and green chilies. Fry for a minute.
  4. Add the Dry Masalas and immediately turn off the gas.
  5. Add the rice Krispies and mix well till they are well coated with the masalas.
  6. Cool and Store in air tight box.


Note: You can add more or less spices as per your taste.

The 10 things that I hate: I wish it could be 10 things I love, I would have so many to write then.

Anyways I hate..

  1. .. being in Pain.
  2. .. not being able to drive.
  3. .. being alone.
  4. .. being lied to.
  5. .. cold weather.
  6. .. politics
  7. .. studing History in school, I cried everytime mama opened that book.
  8. .. Exams, I had Exam fever on all occasions.
  9. .. wearing winter coat, gloves, scarf, cap for about 7 months in a year.
  10. .. fruits


I would again like to Tag Alka of Sindhi Rasoi

16 comments:

Cham said...

Quick and easy snack, he he i can feel the winter in ur profile Medhaa

notyet100 said...

this looks nice.,and tasty,,reminds meof churmura which we used to get in our place...congrtas for ur award..

SASHREE said...

hey its a kind of churmura..i hope,i luv eating anykind of snacks..sometimes even i skip lunch n dinner :D,i wont bother though my mom scolds me...hehehe
Nice one.
congrats on ur awards

Uma said...

that's a easy yummy snack, Medhaa! congrats on the awards.

Neha said...

nice snack, and is very popular with kids, n i love it tooooo...

Sailaja said...

Nice Entry Medhaa

SASHREE said...

thats very nice of dear...thanks alott for ur concern,ill do that soon and i'll mail u,i'm in a bit hurry now..i'll update that as soon as possible.
have a gr8 day

ranji said...

wow!!sucha anice twiat to rice krispy cereal:)...very creative....looks yummm

EC said...

I love the look of ur blog...It makes me feel fresh...Mixture is an all time favourite

Suganya said...

WOW>>> that was a crunchy munchy snack... Looks so good. Love to have them when watching some movie.

ms said...

Hi medhaa,
thank you for posting the lotus root recipe. I will try it out sometime. Meanwhile, I tried out your sai bhaji and gatte ki kadhi recipe and I really liked both of them. http://foodtravails.blogspot.com/2008/06/thank-you-thali-3.html

Ive posted a short thank you on my blog as well,
keep blogging, ms

Vanamala Hebbar said...

Nice spicy snack...

Congrats :)

Anonymous said...

Hi medha,
thnks a million for those beautiful awards,i dunno whether i really deserve them or not ,but i wud definately want to wear them on my blog
Sorry for the dumb question but i really dont know how to proceed
will get in touch wid u soon
And btw these crispy mixtures are just perfect to have in this RimJhim season here
Cheers

Swati Raman Garg said...

what a quick n good snack haan... and thanks a ton for the award....

Shubha Ravikoti said...

Nice recipe dear...

Anonymous said...

Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!

Template by - Abdul Munir - 2008 : Modified by Medhaa Chabria