- ► 2009 (31)
- Daring Bakers June 2008 - Danish Braid
- Spiced Sweet potatoes
- Dahi Ji Curry
- Tidali Dal
- Coconut Choco chips and Cranberry Macaroons
- Vayoon Ji Biryani (Wadi Biryani)
- Mughlai Chicken
- Satpuro - 7 Layered Parantha
- Khand Jo Phulko - Sugar Parantha
- Palak Idli
- Cabbage Parantha - Roti Mela
- Some Awards and a Meme
- Mirchi Pakoda, Aloo Bonda and Mirchi Pakoda Chat
- Palak Paneer
- Nupur's Spicy Cauliflower Soup - Tried and Tasted
- Rice Krispies Mixture (Spiced Rice Krispies)
- Dhaas Karela - Stuffed Bitter Gourd Curry
- Bhee Aloo - Lotus Stem Curry
- Falafel with Hummus
- Sai Bhajji Tikki
- ▼ June (20)
Sashree from A warm welcome to all Foodies has passed on the "Nice Matter" Award, the "Good Chat Award" and she also has tagged me to write 10 things I hate..Thank you Sashree you have become a good friend and have a lovely blog with some nice authentic recipes.
"Nice Matters Award is for those bloggers who are nice people; good blog friends and those who inspire good feelings and inspiration. Also for those who are a positive influence on our blogging world.”
Well I like so many blogs and people and many have already received these awards.
I would like to pass the Nice Matters Award to both Alka and Srivalli who have been very understanding and nice and I love their blogs.
Alka of Sindhi Rasoi - She has been really nice and has some great authentic Sindhi recipes on her blog
Srivalli of Cooking For All Seasons I love dropping by her blog for some great Andhra recipes. And love the Melas she is hosting.
I would also pass the "Good Chat Blog" to Alka, She has some good write ups and pictures you should drop by her blog and Swati Raman Garg of Chatkor, its so refreshing to read the story behind each of her recipes.
Well since we are talking about Good Chat Blogs, I decided why not share some Mixture recipe to share to have along with a hot cup of tea and some gossip. I love using Rice Krispies cereal has it is really crisp and lends a nice sweetness in comparison to the spices. Best part is it takes no time to make and you can play around with the spices to suit your taste.
Rice Krispies Mixture
5 cups Rice Krispies Cereal
2 green chilies, chopped
1/3 cup peanuts
1/4 cup Bhugra, daalia
2 dry red chilies
handful dry coconut, sliced
2 tbsp curry leaves (optional)
1/4 cup raisins
2 tbsp oil.
Mix together in a bowl
2 tbsp coriander powder
1 tbsp red chili powder
1/4 tsp turmeric powder
1 tsp cumin powder
2 tsp amchur / mango powder
2 tsp sugar
1 tsp salt or to taste
- heat oil in a kadai.
- Fry the peanuts till brown.
- Add the curry leaves, red chilies bhugra, raisins, dry coconut and green chilies. Fry for a minute.
- Add the Dry Masalas and immediately turn off the gas.
- Add the rice Krispies and mix well till they are well coated with the masalas.
- Cool and Store in air tight box.
Note: You can add more or less spices as per your taste.
The 10 things that I hate: I wish it could be 10 things I love, I would have so many to write then.
Anyways I hate..
- .. being in Pain.
- .. not being able to drive.
- .. being alone.
- .. being lied to.
- .. cold weather.
- .. politics
- .. studing History in school, I cried everytime mama opened that book.
- .. Exams, I had Exam fever on all occasions.
- .. wearing winter coat, gloves, scarf, cap for about 7 months in a year.
- .. fruits
I would again like to Tag Alka of Sindhi Rasoi