Love the sweetness of the sweet potatoes against the spices. These are done within half an hour.

Ingredients
2 sweet potatoes, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
1 tsp cumin seeds
handful curry leaves
1/2 tsp coriander powder
1/4 tsp red chili powder
1/4 tsp cumin powder
pinch of turmeric
pinch of amchur (Mango Powder)
salt to taste
coriander leaves for garnish

Method

  1. Heat 1 tsp oil in a non stick pan.
  2. Add the cumin seeds, once they start to splutter add the curry leaves and all the dry masalas.
  3. Add the potatoes. Mix well.
  4. Cover and cook on low till the potatoes are tender and well cooked. (About 15 minutes) ( cooking time varies, depending on the size of the potatoes)
  5. Garnish with coriander leaves and serve.

13 comments:

Cham said...

So it is sweet & spicy the curry ? But delicious bowl of curry.

Sailaja said...

I am a fan of Potatoes. Lovely recipe

Anonymous said...

nice recipe :)

Anonymous said...

Never tried before. Got to give it a try.

kamala said...

That is one cute and yummy bowl Medhaa..Never made with sweet potatoes.

Kalai said...

I've been meaning to try making a dish with sweet potatoes. This looks delicious, dear! :)

KALVA said...

Hmm never thought of spiced sweet potatoes...

Sujatha said...

Hi medhaa, I too do a spicy dish with sweet potatoes.. Coincidentally, I just made it today!I will post soon, stay tuned :)

TBC said...

I don't know why I've never cooked a lot with sweet potatoes.
Spicing it up like that to offset the sweetness is a good idea.

Unknown said...

I like ur template..And these potatoes look delectable

Rachel said...

Contrast in flavours..Interesting!

Meera said...

Loved your new template. Curry looks delicious.

Anonymous said...

Such a flavorful meal! I love sweet potatoes and new recipes on what to do with them are always welcome in my kitchen:) Thank you!

Template by - Abdul Munir - 2008 : Modified by Medhaa Chabria