- ► 2009 (31)
- Daring Bakers June 2008 - Danish Braid
- Spiced Sweet potatoes
- Dahi Ji Curry
- Tidali Dal
- Coconut Choco chips and Cranberry Macaroons
- Vayoon Ji Biryani (Wadi Biryani)
- Mughlai Chicken
- Satpuro - 7 Layered Parantha
- Khand Jo Phulko - Sugar Parantha
- Palak Idli
- Cabbage Parantha - Roti Mela
- Some Awards and a Meme
- Mirchi Pakoda, Aloo Bonda and Mirchi Pakoda Chat
- Palak Paneer
- Nupur's Spicy Cauliflower Soup - Tried and Tasted
- Rice Krispies Mixture (Spiced Rice Krispies)
- Dhaas Karela - Stuffed Bitter Gourd Curry
- Bhee Aloo - Lotus Stem Curry
- Falafel with Hummus
- Sai Bhajji Tikki
- ▼ June (20)
Tidali Dal - Ti (Three) Dals, Dal made from Channa dal, urad dal, split green moong dal. Simple and quick to make and tasted great.
1/4 cup channa dal
1/4 cup urad dal
1/4 cup split green moong dal
1 small onion, chopped
1 tomato, grated or 1 tbsp tomato paste
2 green chili, chopped
1 inch ginger, grated
1 tbsp garlic, crushed
handful curry leaves
1 tsp jeera (cumin seeds)
1 tsp coriander powder
1/2 tsp red chili powder
pinch of turmeric
fresh lime juice as per taste
salt to taste
fresh coriander leaves for garnish
- Wash and Soak the 3 dals together in water for about 1 hour.
- Place the dals in the cooker along with the onions, green chili, ginger, garlic, curry leaves, salt and 1 and 1/2 cups water.
- Give 4 whistles, the dals should be cooked but not Mushy.
- Heat 1 tsp oil in a pan, add the jeera and allow to splutter.
- Add the coriander powder, red chili powder and turmeric. Cook for a minute on low heat.
- Add the tomato and cook till oil separates.
- Add the cooked dal, add water to get desired consistency and give one boil.
- Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Check seasoning, add lime juice if required. (Depends on how sour the tomato is)
- Garnish with coriander leaves.
Back to Sindhi Recipe List