- ► 2009 (31)
- Daring Bakers June 2008 - Danish Braid
- Spiced Sweet potatoes
- Dahi Ji Curry
- Tidali Dal
- Coconut Choco chips and Cranberry Macaroons
- Vayoon Ji Biryani (Wadi Biryani)
- Mughlai Chicken
- Satpuro - 7 Layered Parantha
- Khand Jo Phulko - Sugar Parantha
- Palak Idli
- Cabbage Parantha - Roti Mela
- Some Awards and a Meme
- Mirchi Pakoda, Aloo Bonda and Mirchi Pakoda Chat
- Palak Paneer
- Nupur's Spicy Cauliflower Soup - Tried and Tasted
- Rice Krispies Mixture (Spiced Rice Krispies)
- Dhaas Karela - Stuffed Bitter Gourd Curry
- Bhee Aloo - Lotus Stem Curry
- Falafel with Hummus
- Sai Bhajji Tikki
- ▼ June (20)
Varyoon as they are called in Sindhi or Punjabi Wadis are dried spiced lentil balls. Here it adds a nice crunch and spice flavour to the biryani. Its quick and a meal on its own.
1 cup rice, soak in water for 1 hr. (If using basmati rice, 10 minutes will do)
1/4 cup Varyoon/Wadi, broken to small pieces
1 potato, cut into 2 inch cubes
1/4 cup Brinjal, cut into 2 inch cubes
1 onion, chopped
2 small tomato
1 green chili
1 inch ginger
1/4 cup curds
1 1/2 tsp coriander powder
1/2 tsp red chili powder
1/4 tsp turmeric powder
salt to taste
2 1/2 cups water
- Grind the tomatoes, green chili and ginger.
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in a cooker, add the wadis and fry them till golden brown. Remove and keep aside.
- Add the chopped onion to the same oil, fry till they are golden brown.
- Add coriander powder, chili powder and turmeric. Cook for a minute.
- Add the tomatoes, cook till oil separates.
- Beat the yogurt well, add the yogurt, cook for a minute.
- Add the potato, cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the brinjal, salt and water. Bring the water to a boil.
- Once the water boiled, add the rice.
- Close the cooker and give to whistles.
- Serve the rice with curds, raita or all by itself.
Off this goes to the Mixed (Flavoured) Rice Varieties Event hosted by Easycraft
Back to Sindhi Recipe List