- ► 2009 (31)
- Daring Bakers July 2008 - Filbert Gateau with Pra...
- Chutneys - Hari Chutney, Pudina Chutney and Khatta...
- Quick Raspberry Souffle
- Patta Kos Ji Bhajji - Cabbage Curry
- Bhinda Basar - Okra in Onion Tomato Gravy
- Boondi Raita
- Paneer Jalfrezi - Taste and Create
- Vegetable Badshahi
- Sindhi Curry Chawara- Tomato Curry
- Aloo Took
- Sweet and Sour Baby Corn
- Bharwan Lauki and Jeera Kadoo
- Vaishali's Masala Vadai
- Seyal Bread Dahi Mein - Bread Upma in Yogurt
- Methi Paneer
- Khatta Meetha Beetroot
- Swati's Bihari Palak Khichidi
- Lima Bean Curry
- Rajma Chawara - Red Kidney Beans Curry
- Carrot, Chickpea Rice
- Dal Palak
- Pakoda Curry
- Mangalore Bajji
- Makhani Dal
- Bhugha Chawra
- Contact Me
- ▼ July (26)
One more aunthentic Sindhi recipe, this is like a daily dal in sindhi household. Serve it with Bhugha Chawra and a spicy potato bhajji.
1 cup yellow dal (split moong dal), soaked in water for 2 hours
1 large onion, chopped
1 large tomato, chopped
2 green chillies, chopped
1 inch ginger, chopped
5 black pepper corns
1 tsp corriander powder
1/2 tsp red chilli powder
a pinch tumeric powder
juice of half a lime
salt to taste
chopped fresh corriander leaves
- Heat ghee in a pressure cooker on high heat.
- Add cardamom, cloves and black pepper corns.
- Add the onions and saute them till they are dark brown (caramalized).
- Add the curry leaves, corriander powder, red chilli and tumeric powder.
- Add the tomatoes and cook till the oil seperates.
- Add the dal, salt and water till about 1 inch above the dal.
- Cook the dal in the pressure cooker till it is mushy (About 4 whistles).
- Open the cooker once the steam is out and add lime juice.
- Garnish with fresh corriander leaves.
- Serve with Bhugha Chawra.
Back to Sindhi Recipe List