The minute I saw these in Vaishali's blog, I knew I wanted to make them. Came with them fond memories when papa would but these along with other bhajji's like banana, potato and mirchi bhajji's and mama would make dal that night and we would have them with dal and roti.



Made these when I had some friends over, it was easy to make and everyone loved it. I served it along with pudina chutney. I had to quickly take the snaps and continue frying more before they vanished.

Thank you so much Vaishali for this lovely recipe, I loved the cinnamon and the saunf and it tasted just like the ones we used to have in Bangalore.

Click here for the recipe.

9 comments:

Vaishali said...

Medhaa, How lovely your vadais look! I am glad you liked the recipe. And I love the presentation. Great job!

Cham said...

One of my fav snack, came out so well Medhaa!

Lakshmi said...

One of my fav street foods! I never forget to savor them when I am in Mysore!

notyet100 said...

looks delicious,..

Illatharasi said...

Medhaa, you tempted me to make masala vadai;) will prepare it soon!

Sunshinemom said...

I love masala vadais, and have been resisting them as I know I will devour lots! Don't tempt:(

Anonymous said...

Wow medha,
That brought back so many nostalgic memories of college life..when these piping hot vadais were relished by our gang ,the college canteen served these with ketchup and mint chutney,and these were true delight to enjoy over a cup of hot tea or cofee ,giggling,chatting,watching rains from canteen windows

delhibelle said...

These look so crunchy..I remember having them in my school canteen :)

sridevi said...

looks crunchy and delicious tooooooo ovely recipe

Template by - Abdul Munir - 2008 : Modified by Medhaa Chabria