- ► 2009 (31)
- Daring Bakers July 2008 - Filbert Gateau with Pra...
- Chutneys - Hari Chutney, Pudina Chutney and Khatta...
- Quick Raspberry Souffle
- Patta Kos Ji Bhajji - Cabbage Curry
- Bhinda Basar - Okra in Onion Tomato Gravy
- Boondi Raita
- Paneer Jalfrezi - Taste and Create
- Vegetable Badshahi
- Sindhi Curry Chawara- Tomato Curry
- Aloo Took
- Sweet and Sour Baby Corn
- Bharwan Lauki and Jeera Kadoo
- Vaishali's Masala Vadai
- Seyal Bread Dahi Mein - Bread Upma in Yogurt
- Methi Paneer
- Khatta Meetha Beetroot
- Swati's Bihari Palak Khichidi
- Lima Bean Curry
- Rajma Chawara - Red Kidney Beans Curry
- Carrot, Chickpea Rice
- Dal Palak
- Pakoda Curry
- Mangalore Bajji
- Makhani Dal
- Bhugha Chawra
- Contact Me
- ▼ July (26)
One Friday morning hubby dear calls me at 10:30 AM and tells me few friends are coming over for lunch. Great Fridays are the days I don't have much left in the fridge. That's when decided to make a mixed vegetable, use a little bit of everything. Then realized did not have tomatoes, so used sour cream instead. This dish was made on the go just decided to add kitchen King Masala at the spur of the moment and loved the idea. I made paneer along with it again without tomatoes, since I always have paneer at hand. Everyone loved this dish, hubby realized there was none left for me and left what he had in his plate for me to taste and I should say it sure tasted great. We did not know what to call it so Hubby suggested Vegetable Badshahi since we were using Badshah's Kitchen King Masala.
1 onion, chopped
1 potato, diced
1 cup mixed vegetables (carrots, beans, corn, peas)
1/4 cup sour cream
1/4 cup milk
1 inch ginger, grated
1 tsp garlic paste
2 green chilies, chopped
1/2 tsp coriander powder
1/2 tsp red chili powder
pinch of turmeric powder
1 tsp Badshah Kitchen King Masala
salt to taste
fresh coriander leaves for garnish
- Heat oil in a pan, add the onions and cook till translucent.
- Add ginger, garlic and green chilies. Cook for a minute.
- Add all the masalas, coriander powder, red chili powder, turmeric powder, kitchen king masala. cook for another minute or till the oil separates.
- Add the sour cream, mix well.
- Add the vegetables, salt and milk.
- Mix well and cook covered on Low heat till all the vegetables are cooked well. About 1/2 an hour.
- Check seasoning, add more milk if a gravy is needed and bring it to a boil.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve with roti, puri, chapati or Phulka.