- ► 2009 (31)
- Daring Bakers July 2008 - Filbert Gateau with Pra...
- Chutneys - Hari Chutney, Pudina Chutney and Khatta...
- Quick Raspberry Souffle
- Patta Kos Ji Bhajji - Cabbage Curry
- Bhinda Basar - Okra in Onion Tomato Gravy
- Boondi Raita
- Paneer Jalfrezi - Taste and Create
- Vegetable Badshahi
- Sindhi Curry Chawara- Tomato Curry
- Aloo Took
- Sweet and Sour Baby Corn
- Bharwan Lauki and Jeera Kadoo
- Vaishali's Masala Vadai
- Seyal Bread Dahi Mein - Bread Upma in Yogurt
- Methi Paneer
- Khatta Meetha Beetroot
- Swati's Bihari Palak Khichidi
- Lima Bean Curry
- Rajma Chawara - Red Kidney Beans Curry
- Carrot, Chickpea Rice
- Dal Palak
- Pakoda Curry
- Mangalore Bajji
- Makhani Dal
- Bhugha Chawra
- Contact Me
- ▼ July (26)
The day Swati of Chatkor posted her Bihari Palak Khichidi Aur Uske Char Yaar, I had to try it. Showed mama the recipe and she said we have everything at hand, by the time I browsed some more and went down she had soaked everything that was needed and even cut the vegetables. So the only thing I did was put everything in the cooker that was easy.
Swati I cant thank you enough this was excellent and will be a regular now at our place. It was easy,filling and so healthy.
We did not use Masoor dal since we ran out of it so mom soaked Chana dal. Also we were not supposed to have onions that day so we skipped the onions and used vegetables like Cauliflower, Broccoli, Beans and Carrots. Mom cut them in bigger pieces and also we added soaked Soya granules and not cooked ones. At the end everything was well blended and we had a nice bite to the vegetables too. Rest of the recipe was like mentioned here
This is how we made it.
1/4 cup Chana dal
1/2 cup Moong dal(split green lentil)
2 cup spinach, chopped
1 cup rice
1 cup vegetables of your choice(Cauliflower, Broccoli, Beans and Carrots)
1 cup soy granules, Soaked in water
1 Cardamom, seeded
1 Black Cardamom seeded
1" Cinnamon stick
5 black pepper corns
1 tsp chili powder
1 tsp Cumin seeds
1 tsp cumin powder
2 tsp Coriander powder
1 tsp garam masala,
1/2 tsp turmeric
- Heat some 1 tsp ghee(clarified butter) in a pressure cooker
- Add cardamom, cinnamon, cloves and black pepper corns. Fry for a minute
- Add the cumin seeds and let it splutter.
- Add all the vegetables, spinach and soya granules.
- Add coriander powder, cumin powder, red chili powder, garam masala and turmeric and cook for a minute.
- Add the lentils and the rice, fry for a minute.
- Add 4 cups of water. Close the cooker and give 2 whistles.
- Let the steam out naturally and serve with the Char Yaars as Swati Mentioned.