- ► 2009 (31)
- Daring Bakers July 2008 - Filbert Gateau with Pra...
- Chutneys - Hari Chutney, Pudina Chutney and Khatta...
- Quick Raspberry Souffle
- Patta Kos Ji Bhajji - Cabbage Curry
- Bhinda Basar - Okra in Onion Tomato Gravy
- Boondi Raita
- Paneer Jalfrezi - Taste and Create
- Vegetable Badshahi
- Sindhi Curry Chawara- Tomato Curry
- Aloo Took
- Sweet and Sour Baby Corn
- Bharwan Lauki and Jeera Kadoo
- Vaishali's Masala Vadai
- Seyal Bread Dahi Mein - Bread Upma in Yogurt
- Methi Paneer
- Khatta Meetha Beetroot
- Swati's Bihari Palak Khichidi
- Lima Bean Curry
- Rajma Chawara - Red Kidney Beans Curry
- Carrot, Chickpea Rice
- Dal Palak
- Pakoda Curry
- Mangalore Bajji
- Makhani Dal
- Bhugha Chawra
- Contact Me
- ▼ July (26)
Cabbage is patta gobi in Sindhi. This is my husbands grandmothers (who we all address by mummy) recipe, I have heard that she was great cook and some of her recipes have passed down generations. I am privileged to be able to make them now. This is a quick and yummy curry normally had with chapati, roti, phulka. But try having it with bread it just soaks up the gravy and yumm. The gravy is runny like soup or rasam and the bigger the vegetables are cut the better. The veggies should have a bite to it and should not be overcooked. This is a tangy gravy with the tomatoes and yogurt if you don't like it very tangy just reduce the amount of yogurt.
1/2 cabbage separate each layer and keep them as big as you like.
1 carrot, cut to 1 inch wedges
10 beans, cut to 1 inch pieces
1 potato, cut to 1 inch wedges
1/2 cup onion, chopped
1 tsp coriander powder
1/2 tsp red chili powder
1/4 tsp turmeric powder
1 big tomatoes
2 green chilies
1 inch ginger
1 cup yogurt
fresh coriander leaves for garnish
salt to taste
1/2 cup water
- Puree the Tomato, green chilies and ginger together.
- Heat 2 tsp oil in a pressure cooker and fry the onions till golden brown.
- Add the spices like coriander powder, red chili powder and turmeric. Mix well and cook will oil separates.
- Add the tomato puree and cook till oil separates.
- Add all the vegetables and mix.
- Beat the yogurt well, add it to the cooker.
- Add 1/2 cup water or more if required. Add salt.
- Give 1 whistle. (Big Cookers just one whistle is enough, I have a smaller one and give 2 whistles, The vegetables have to have a bite to them and should not be overcooked)
- Open, adjust consistency, boil if you want to dry it out or add more water and give it a boil for more gravy.
- Check seasoning, garnish with coriander leaves and serve.
Other recipe from Mummy
Back to Sindhi Recipe List
This goes to Srivalli's Curry Mela.