- ► 2009 (31)
- Daring Bakers July 2008 - Filbert Gateau with Pra...
- Chutneys - Hari Chutney, Pudina Chutney and Khatta...
- Quick Raspberry Souffle
- Patta Kos Ji Bhajji - Cabbage Curry
- Bhinda Basar - Okra in Onion Tomato Gravy
- Boondi Raita
- Paneer Jalfrezi - Taste and Create
- Vegetable Badshahi
- Sindhi Curry Chawara- Tomato Curry
- Aloo Took
- Sweet and Sour Baby Corn
- Bharwan Lauki and Jeera Kadoo
- Vaishali's Masala Vadai
- Seyal Bread Dahi Mein - Bread Upma in Yogurt
- Methi Paneer
- Khatta Meetha Beetroot
- Swati's Bihari Palak Khichidi
- Lima Bean Curry
- Rajma Chawara - Red Kidney Beans Curry
- Carrot, Chickpea Rice
- Dal Palak
- Pakoda Curry
- Mangalore Bajji
- Makhani Dal
- Bhugha Chawra
- Contact Me
- ▼ July (26)
Hubby and me are not big fans of Chinese, we say that often but after the wedding when I was in Bangalore 80% of the time we went out alone for dinner we had Chinese, in a place called Kim Lee, the service was good and fast and we loved the food. Then Beijing Bites opened 2 minutes away from home so we did have there too a couple of times. At home Chinese is made at least 2 times a month. But when asked we still say naa we don't like Chinese food that much.
Anyways Manchurian, sweet and sour is something I make often since it is quick. There may be fried rice or noodles, or just soup and bread along side. This goes to the AWED - Chinese Cuisine hosted by Dhivya of Culinary Bazaar
1 cup Baby Corn, I used frozen
1/2 onion , cut into 1 inch squares.
1/2 bell pepper, cut into 1 inch squares.
4-5 cloves garlic, crushed.
1 green chili, Chopped (optional)
2 spring onions, chopped with greens
2 tbsp tomato ketchup
1 tbsp soya sauce
1 tsp balsamic vinegar
1 tsp cornflour, dissolved in 1/2 cup water
1 tsp pepper
salt to taste
- Heat oil in a saucepan, add the baby corn in batches and brown them on both sides and cook completely. Remove from pan and keep aside.
- Heat more oil in the same pan, add garlic, the onions and bell peppers, cook for 2 mins they should be crisp. Add the baby corn.
- Add Ketchup, soya sauce, vinegar and sherry. Cook for 1 min.
- Add the corn flour mixture, salt and pepper, bring it to a boil.
- Add the green onions. Mix well.
- Serve immediately