- ► 2009 (31)
- Daring Bakers July 2008 - Filbert Gateau with Pra...
- Chutneys - Hari Chutney, Pudina Chutney and Khatta...
- Quick Raspberry Souffle
- Patta Kos Ji Bhajji - Cabbage Curry
- Bhinda Basar - Okra in Onion Tomato Gravy
- Boondi Raita
- Paneer Jalfrezi - Taste and Create
- Vegetable Badshahi
- Sindhi Curry Chawara- Tomato Curry
- Aloo Took
- Sweet and Sour Baby Corn
- Bharwan Lauki and Jeera Kadoo
- Vaishali's Masala Vadai
- Seyal Bread Dahi Mein - Bread Upma in Yogurt
- Methi Paneer
- Khatta Meetha Beetroot
- Swati's Bihari Palak Khichidi
- Lima Bean Curry
- Rajma Chawara - Red Kidney Beans Curry
- Carrot, Chickpea Rice
- Dal Palak
- Pakoda Curry
- Mangalore Bajji
- Makhani Dal
- Bhugha Chawra
- Contact Me
- ▼ July (26)
Love the sweetness of Beetroots and would normally have them boiled in salad. But recently I started making curries out of it and loved it. After some trials and errors we loved this one. Hope you guys enjoy it too
1 cup beetroot, cut into small cubes
1 onion, chopped
1/4 cup pureed tomato
10 curry leaves
1 inch ginger, grated
1/2 cup curds
1 tsp coriander powder
1/2 tsp red chili powder
1/4 tsp turmeric powder
salt to taste
coriander leaves for garnish
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a pressure cooker. Add the curry leaves. Add the onions and cook till they are translucent.
- Add coriander powder, red chili powder and turmeric powder. Cook for a minute.
- Add ginger and tomatoes and cook till the oil separates.
- Beat the curds well and add it to the pressure cooker.
- Add the beetroot, salt and 1/2 cup water.
- Give 2 whistles. Let the pressure release.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve with puris or roti.