- ► 2009 (31)
- Daring Bakers July 2008 - Filbert Gateau with Pra...
- Chutneys - Hari Chutney, Pudina Chutney and Khatta...
- Quick Raspberry Souffle
- Patta Kos Ji Bhajji - Cabbage Curry
- Bhinda Basar - Okra in Onion Tomato Gravy
- Boondi Raita
- Paneer Jalfrezi - Taste and Create
- Vegetable Badshahi
- Sindhi Curry Chawara- Tomato Curry
- Aloo Took
- Sweet and Sour Baby Corn
- Bharwan Lauki and Jeera Kadoo
- Vaishali's Masala Vadai
- Seyal Bread Dahi Mein - Bread Upma in Yogurt
- Methi Paneer
- Khatta Meetha Beetroot
- Swati's Bihari Palak Khichidi
- Lima Bean Curry
- Rajma Chawara - Red Kidney Beans Curry
- Carrot, Chickpea Rice
- Dal Palak
- Pakoda Curry
- Mangalore Bajji
- Makhani Dal
- Bhugha Chawra
- Contact Me
- ▼ July (26)
In the Rajma Chawara Post I spoke about the versatile masala, here again I use the same masala but change the quantities of the ingredients, I add more greens here to give that nice green color and less of Tomato. Rest everything remains the same except that now we cook the Lima beans in the gravy and not separately.
In Bangalore we used to get fresh avlaikai (hope I spelt it right) we used to cook them in this same gravy.
1 cup frozen Lima Beans
1 tsp coriander powder
1/2 tsp red chili powder
a pinch turmeric
salt to taste
fresh coriander leaves for garnish
lime juice as per taste
To be ground to a paste
1 onion, chopped and fried till golden brown
1 onion, chopped
1/2 large tomato
1/4 cup curds/yogurt
4 garlic pods
1 inch ginger
2 green chilies
2 tbsp fresh coconut, grated
1/2 cup fresh coriander leaves
1/4 cup mint leaves
10 curry leaves
5 whole black pepper corns
2 green cardamom
1 inch Cinnamon sticks
1 tsp cumin seeds
- Heat 1 tsp oil in a pressure cooker, add coriander powder, red chili powder and turmeric powder. Cook for 1 minute on low.
- Add the ground paste and cook on medium till the oil separates.
- Add the Lima beans along with 2 cups of water, and salt.
- Close the cooker and cook the Lima beans. (About 3 whistles)
- Let the steam out naturally.
- Check seasoning. Add lime juice. Boil till required consistency. Garnish with coriander leaves.
- Serve hot with cooked plain rice or phulka.