- ► 2009 (31)
- Daring Bakers July 2008 - Filbert Gateau with Pra...
- Chutneys - Hari Chutney, Pudina Chutney and Khatta...
- Quick Raspberry Souffle
- Patta Kos Ji Bhajji - Cabbage Curry
- Bhinda Basar - Okra in Onion Tomato Gravy
- Boondi Raita
- Paneer Jalfrezi - Taste and Create
- Vegetable Badshahi
- Sindhi Curry Chawara- Tomato Curry
- Aloo Took
- Sweet and Sour Baby Corn
- Bharwan Lauki and Jeera Kadoo
- Vaishali's Masala Vadai
- Seyal Bread Dahi Mein - Bread Upma in Yogurt
- Methi Paneer
- Khatta Meetha Beetroot
- Swati's Bihari Palak Khichidi
- Lima Bean Curry
- Rajma Chawara - Red Kidney Beans Curry
- Carrot, Chickpea Rice
- Dal Palak
- Pakoda Curry
- Mangalore Bajji
- Makhani Dal
- Bhugha Chawra
- Contact Me
- ▼ July (26)
Bread Upma is a quick breakfast recipe and a good way to finish stale bread, and when made in yogurt it is quicker and great during summer. Mama made this today it nice and hot here finally I here many people complaining but I am not.
1/2 loaf bread
2 cups curds/yogurt
2 tbsp besan
1 tsp sugar
2 green chili, slit
3 tbsp coriander leaves, chopped
3 mint leaves, pudina, chopped
pinch hing / asafetida
1 tsp mustard seeds
2 dry red chilies
10 curry leaves
2 tbsp peanuts
salt to taste
1 tsp oil
- Cut the bread slices in 4.
- Beat the yogurt well. Add besan, salt, sugar, turmeric, coriander leaves, pudina and green chili to the yogurt. Mix well.
- Heat 1 tsp oil in a kadai. Add hing, mustard seeds. Let them splutter. Add the curry leaves and red chili.
- Add the peanuts and fry them well till they are nice and brown. About 2 minutes.
- Add the yogurt mixture.
- Add the bread pieces. Mix well.
- Cook till the bread has absorbed the flavors and heated through. About 3 to 4 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
Note: If you like a dryer version, dip the each piece of bread in the yogurt mixture and keep adding it to the kadai one by one, instead of adding the yogurt first and then the bread. At the end put the left over yogurt if any. And cook as mentioned above.
Back to Sindhi Recipe List