- ► 2009 (31)
- Daring Bakers July 2008 - Filbert Gateau with Pra...
- Chutneys - Hari Chutney, Pudina Chutney and Khatta...
- Quick Raspberry Souffle
- Patta Kos Ji Bhajji - Cabbage Curry
- Bhinda Basar - Okra in Onion Tomato Gravy
- Boondi Raita
- Paneer Jalfrezi - Taste and Create
- Vegetable Badshahi
- Sindhi Curry Chawara- Tomato Curry
- Aloo Took
- Sweet and Sour Baby Corn
- Bharwan Lauki and Jeera Kadoo
- Vaishali's Masala Vadai
- Seyal Bread Dahi Mein - Bread Upma in Yogurt
- Methi Paneer
- Khatta Meetha Beetroot
- Swati's Bihari Palak Khichidi
- Lima Bean Curry
- Rajma Chawara - Red Kidney Beans Curry
- Carrot, Chickpea Rice
- Dal Palak
- Pakoda Curry
- Mangalore Bajji
- Makhani Dal
- Bhugha Chawra
- Contact Me
- ▼ July (26)
Aloo Took is but Potatoes double fried, soft in the inside and crisp on the outside. They are served with Curry Chawara. The crispiness of the took depends on the kind of Potatoes used. To get good tooks old Potatoes are used.
2 Potatoes,peeled and cut in 2 inch cubes
salt to taste
oil for deep frying
For garnish: As per taste
Red chili powder
Mango powder / amchur powder
coriander powder (optional)
- Wash and dry the potatoes well. They should be completely dry.
- Deep fry the potatoes on medium heat till the are cooked and tender.
- Remove and drain on a tissue paper.
- Once they are cool enough to handle, place one potato cube on a flat surface and flatten it with your hand to form a disc. Do not use too much pressure it will break and lose shape.
- Repeat the above step for all the potato cubes. ( You can cook them till this step and keep them aside in an airtight container in the fridge fr 24 hours).
- Deep fry the disc on high heat till they are golden brown.
- Drain them on tissue.
- Sprinkle the garnish when still hot and serve immediately.
Back to Sindhi Recipe List